Front Office Sports is a place where people come to do their best work. Those who succeed here lean into the idea that FOS can be a place where they can build an unmatched career, whether by elevating themselves within the company, accelerating their career exponentially, or taking on outsized roles elsewhere.
We are a multi-platform media brand built for the modern sports consumer. Front Office Sports reaches an influential and rapidly expanding audience of over 20M people per month across our core suite of products which include – newsletters, podcasts, social channels, courses, branded content, live events, and awards.
We are building the next generation of the business of sports, and we’ve got big plans. We are looking for elite talent to create this new world in sports media.
About the Role
Front Office Sports is seeking a Manager of Creative Strategy with a strong background in creative concepting and presentation development. We’re looking for a natural storyteller to work collaboratively with our brand partnerships team to develop impactful proposals to drive advertising revenue.
The ideal person for this role will have a passion for sports, a strong creative POV, and the executive presence to pitch great ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the VP of Creative Strategy, the Creative Strategy team is responsible for the ideation and creation of custom marketing proposals across all brands and categories, as well as the positioning of FOS as an industry thought leader through proactive narratives and original franchises.
- Own the creative development and execution of strategic and creative storytelling for sales proposals inclusive of developing creative concepts, writing copy, and designing accompanying visuals
- Lead creative innovation and strategy for major tentpoles, cultural moments, and FOS initiatives
- Establish strong working relationships with internal teams (editorial, social, brand partnerships, integrated marketing) and external stakeholders (brands, agencies, platforms, and partners)
- Facilitate creative brainstorms and workshops, both internally and externally
- Craft insight-led platform ideas that are purposeful and engaging for brands across every category
- Weave insights and ideas into compelling, visual stories using Keynote/PowerPoint
- Produce dynamic sales materials including presentations, one-sheets, and other sales collateral
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-4+ years of experience in a creative and/or strategic role (agency experience preferred)
- You have experience leading the development of proposals and marketing materials for brands
- You are passionate about the intersection of sports, business, and culture with the ability to turn insights and trends into executable ideas
- You’re a channel-agnostic creative who enjoys ideating and crafting concepts across social, digital, content, experiential, and more
- You have natural creative, writing, and storytelling skills and a strong executive presence
- You’re a visual storyteller with deep expertise in Keynote (or PowerPoint)
- You’re constantly on top of social trends and following key storylines within the world of sports, culture, and media
- You have the ability to execute with little oversight, building strong working relationships with internal teams, as well as brands, agencies, platforms, and partners
In 2021, Front Office Sports was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and in 2022, named ‘Hottest in Sports’ in AdWeek’s Hot List.
Our culture is built on ambition and teamwork, and our core values guide us daily. We welcome and encourage the grind and unrelenting perseverance that originated this start-up.
- Efficient Excellence – The skill and agility it takes to execute an excellent process with ease
- Ambitious Adaptability – The drive and desire to go with the flow and grind
- Passionate Ownership – Bringing that undying dedication to your work every day, to reach new levels
- Trailblazing Innovation – We don’t just find a way, we find ours and make it the best way
- Consistent Quality – Do what we do well, day in and day out
Perks & Benefits
- A remote-first policy with a WFH stipend + coworking membership
- Employer-sponsored health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Generous PTO policy including mental health days and floating holidays, plus company holidays
- Wellness perks include: a ClassPass stipend, health advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Endless development opportunities at a growing start-up
- An annual professional development stipend