Reporting to the Director of Offer Management, the Senior Marketing Specialist (SMS) produces AutoNation’s merchandising assets for local promotional offers, national campaigns, events and assists with management of COOP material submission and processing activities for the assigned region. In addition, the SMS assists with the management of their own portfolio of stores, as well as serving as an OEM Brand Champion for designated brands.
The Senior Marketing Specialist drives market due diligence and related business analytic efforts to develop high yield offers. The SMS then partners with General Store Managers (GM) to define and execute store specific promotional plans. The SMS drives merchandising asset production activities. The SMS also partners with internal marketing channels and third party outlets to refine targeting efforts and maximize offer content deployment effectiveness.
The SMS administers the monthly call cycle process for assigned portfolio of stores. This includes engaging GMs, OEM representatives and agency partners to ensure content accuracy and legal compliance of all finished assets. The SMS develops and maintains a working knowledge of related state, local and OEM requirements. In addition, the Senior Marketing Specialist administers and maintains the merchandising systems and tools.
- Cultivate and maintain regional OEM relationships. Procure offer and event information.
- Coordinate national AutoNation campaign launch activities - Planning, store training, POS setup, event planning etc.
- Coordinate document collection activities to ensure accurate and timely submission of COOP funding requests
- Conduct competitive diligence for service and parts offers. Build/maintain database. Provide strategic guidance
- Procure manufacturer incentive, offer, and promotional event details and produce Offer Overview documentation
- Build Ad Specials, Service Coupons and coordinate production of Promotional Banners with service provider
- Analyze market intelligence data to provide keys insights for production of monthly Regional Competitive Reports
- Coordinate meeting logistics, collect content and produce materials for monthly Regional Marketing Calls
- Procure offer details and upload content (all media), into Marketing Platform while maintaining process integrity
- Process and complete assigned projects submitted to the Store Marketing Support line while achieving defined SLAs
- Process and input job request into Job Management System (JMS), drive channel assignment and achieve defined SLAs
- Develop, produce and distribute Marketing Tool Kit (Newsletter, Campaign Briefs, Calendar and Reports) assets
- Document system, process and production breakdowns into department Issues Log as well as resolve assigned cases
- Manage third party and channel Production Schedule as well as develop and administer remediation plans as required
- Coordinate brand, compliance and legal review efforts of internal and third party produced Marketing assets
- Manage Marketing Asset and Image Libraries. Maintain organization and ensure files remain current
- Demonstrate and advocate company vision, mission, and values. Adhere to company policy and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field. MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years marketing and/or advertising agency account service
- Demonstrated project management and organizational competency
- Demonstrated campaign development and administration experience
- Experience working with high volume, detailed work processes and deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively with internal and external departments
- Strong organization, interpersonal and influencing skills
- In depth knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while meeting deadlines
- Must meet company’s requirements for employment
The Senior Marketing Specialist reports to the Director of Offer Management. The SMS works directly with the aligned Local Marketing Manager (LMM) and supports the Regional Marketing Director as appropriate. The SMS engages across corporate marketing functions and regional teams to plan, coordinate and deploy merchandising offers on scheduled.
- Light travel (up to several days per year)
- Standard office environment
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.
AutoNation, a provider of personalized transportation services, is driven by innovation and transformation. As one of America's most admired companies, AutoNation delivers a peerless Customer experience recognized by data-driven consumer insight leaders, Reputation and J.D. Power. Through its bold leadership and brand affinity, the AutoNation Brand is synonymous with "DRVPNK" and "What Drives You, Drives Us." AutoNation has a singular focus on personalized transportation services that are easy, transparent, and Customer-centric.
Click here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.