Who We Are
The Daily Upside is a fast-growing digital media company covering business, finance, economics, and investing. Our team of career journalists covers the events and forces shaping the global business climate with a passion for peeling back the layers of market-moving stories.
Our flagship newsletter has scaled from zero to 1 million + subscribers in less than three years and boasts an industry-leading 45% unique open rate. Patent Drop, our tech newsletter, reaches 25k+ technologists, engineers, and product strategists with differentiated coverage on the future of tech. Power Corridor, our latest newsletter, covers the intersection of Wall Street and DC with hard-hitting coverage from a prominent investigative journalist.
Job Title: Partner Lead (aka The Daily Upside's Revenue Rockstar)
Location: Anywhere with a good internet connection!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Partner Lead who wants to play a major role in the fast-growing media startup. As our Revenue Rockstar, you'll be responsible for sourcing, pitching, and closing advertising deals with agency partners and businesses of all sizes who will find value in messaging to our 1MM subscribers. You'll work closely with our Head of Revenue and partnerships teams to craft creative and effective advertising campaigns that resonate with our readers and drive value for our advertising partners.
- Serving as an “evangelist” for The Daily Upside externally; clearly articulating the company’s unique value proposition to our advertising partners
- Create, maintain, and sustain relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly while hitting quarterly sales targets.
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing client direct advertisers.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and competition to identify new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly revenue targets.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the digital media industry.
- Represent The Daily Upside at industry events, entertaining clients and serve as a brand ambassador.
- Manage sales activity using HubSpot.
- 1-2 years of experience in ad sales, media sales, or a related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- A creative and strategic mindset
- A passion for The Daily Upside and our mission to make business and finance news fun and accessible.
- Competitive salary and commission structure (dependent on skills, experience, and competencies)
- Medical, health, and vision
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays
- Work from anywhere with a good internet connection
- Opportunity to work with a fun and passionate team and be a stakeholder in building something truly special in the media industry.
- Regular team outings (virtual or in-person)
Salary for the role is commensurate with experience and depends on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience.
- If you're a go-getter who loves to close deals, build relationships, and have fun doing it, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your resume and a brief message on why you'd be the perfect fit for this role.