We are seeking a marketing and communications professional to lead the development and implementation of all membership programs, projects and activities. Working closely with the Membership Committee and its Chairpersons, this individual will be responsible for the marketing and recruitment of members. This successful candidate will also take ownership of the planning, development and execution of Club’s communications strategy. This individual will work under the direction of the General Manager and will interface with the Club’s Board of Directors.
Membership Marketing - Key responsibilities include:
- Take a lead role in the development of the annual membership operating plan.
- Develop and implement prospective member recruitment programs and initiatives.
- Build and maintain qualified prospect list using Club’s CRM database, and consistently communicate with qualified prospects generating new members.
- Serve as the focal point for all membership inquiries and guide prospective members through the application process.
- Provide Club tours for prospective members and effectively articulate the benefits of membership and all associated programs, costs, and fees.
- Coordinate and conduct new member orientations.
- Attend and participate in Board of Directors meetings. Prepare data and develop membership-related reports for applicable parts of the budget and membership goals pertinent to the Board.
- Maintain a high level of visibility and develop strong relationships with current members working to limit attrition, and keep members engaged and supportive of the Club.
- Become an ambassador for the Club and heighten brand awareness within the community by networking and building relationships with organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Newcomers Club and local realtors.
- Maintain the Club's database (membership information), keeping current on membership resignations, transfers, address & contact information. Regularly inform all departments of any changes in membership status
- Provide notices and agenda for club’s membership committee; issue invites to and attend monthly meetings, and maintain minutes of the club’s membership committee.
Communications - Key communications-related responsibilities include:
- Understand the Club’s brand and promote the brand in all forms of communication.
- Manage the Club’s social media presence, messaging and brand strategy across all social platforms (Facebook, and Instagram)
- Take ownership of the Club’s website and mobile app; providing continual updates of the public and private content for the benefit of our existing and perspective members.
- Compile content and create layout for monthly internal newsletter.
- Write various internal and external communications for email, web, and provides ghostwriting, copyediting or proofreading when appropriate.
- Design internal and external communication pieces such as informational/promotional flyers, posters and brochures.
- Design internal branding components for use throughout the club.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Superior project and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Energetic, enthusiastic and service oriented. Is responsive and has ability to foster relationships. Enjoys working with different personalities and can adapt/accommodate to others’ working styles to achieve the desired goals and objectives.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be technologically proficient with strong digital and social media marketing skills.
- Proficient in programs such as Microsoft Office, Content Management, Email Marketing (ESP) and CRM Software programs.
- Basic graphic design skills; understanding of graphics programs (like the Adobe Suite or Canva) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or hospitality management preferred.
- 2-5 years related experience. Previous country club, membership organization or golf industry experience would be viewed positively.
Compensation and Benefits
• A competitive base salary and performance-based bonus
• Medical, Health, dental, basic life insurance
• 401(k) plan with employer match
• Vacation and Paid time off
• Employee meals
• Continuing Education
• Dynamic and fun work environment
Glen Oak Country Club is a member owned, private 18-hole golf and country club offering exceptional golf, dining, social and recreational experiences. We pride ourselves in the high caliber individuals who make up our staff. A salute to the courses of yesteryear, Glen Oak’s traditional golf course is beautifully lined with mature trees, and vivid green fairways. Renowned for its impeccable condition and the speed of the greens, the scenic golf experience at Glen Oak is challenging, exciting and truly memorable. Glen Oak strives to be a club that today’s active families can enjoy. The inclusive atmosphere and well-attended, year-round social events make Glen Oak a great place to establish traditions and create lifelong memories of friendship and fun.
Qualified candidates should respond with a resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Jim Cardamone, CCM
Glen Oak Country Club