We are seeking an Entry Level Newsletter Editorial and Content Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the production of our weekly newsletter and ensuring the quality of content delivered to our subscribers. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with writing, editing, and proofreading content to ensure it is engaging and error-free. The candidate will also be responsible for conducting research, tracking metrics, and assisting in the coordination of production schedules.
· Assist in creating, writing, editing, and proofreading content for our weekly newsletter
· Conduct research and collect data on topics related to the newsletter
· Work with cross-functional teams to ensure content is timely and relevant
· Assist in tracking metrics and analyzing data to improve newsletter performance
· Collaborate with editorial and design teams to ensure the timely delivery of content
· Assist in coordinating production schedules and adhering to deadlines
· Manage and maintain newsletter subscriber lists
· Manage editorial calendar
· Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field
· Experience working on a previous school/university newsletter, newspaper or digital media asset
· Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Excellent research skills and attention to detail
· Familiarity with email marketing tools and platforms
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Strong organizational and project management skills
· Passion for staying up-to-date with current events and news
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and content management systems
If you are passionate about creating high-quality content and have an interest in email marketing and newsletter production, we encourage you to apply. Position will start part time with the potential of full time.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and an about paragraph telling her something interesting about YOU.
This can be a story, something meaning full to you, a time you did something super creative, a time you did something outside your comfort zone. It can be anything that shows or demonstrates who you are. If you have to think too hard about this, then you probably should not be applying.
Every candidate will tell us they are organized, have an attention to detail, are willing to learn, have a strong work ethic, yada yada. Please don’t use any of those common phrases in your intro paragraph. Tell us about you!