Four Blocks Consulting (FBC) is seeking to hire four part-time Nonprofit Consultants to join our small team of consultants. FBC provides part-time support to not-for-profit organizations, primarily working on communications and development, so that our clients don’t have to hire full-time people. We work across a variety of causes, including animals, world health, children, faith-based, and community focused organizations.
FBC Consultants primarily support two areas: Communications and Development.
Communication efforts include things such as developing, scheduling, and executing social media content; creating and sending newsletters to supporters; drafting and publishing blog posts; collecting, evaluating, and sharing analytical data from social media and newsletter posts; researching, identifying, and reach out to social influencers; managing websites, and other various tasks. Candidates must have experience in creating social media graphics and writing copy (text) for the posts, with a preference for experience in building social media calendars. Experience in writing newsletters/blog posts is also preferred.
Development efforts include things such as grant research, identification, and application; donor stewardship and outreach; event fundraising brainstorming, planning, and execution; corporate partnership research and outreach, and other various tasks. Some additional duties include administrative tasks such as manning customer inquiries and helping with other tasks.
Work Hours and Compensation: The candidate will work with a single client, with hours ranging between 5-10 hours/week, depending on client needs. This job is great for nonprofit professionals looking to pick up a side-gig or extra work. Compensation will be DOE, ranging from $26-$28/hr. Candidate must be willing to sign a 1-year contract and work independently (contractor work).
Location: FBC is located in San Diego, CA. Because some client work will be in-person, candidates that reside in or near San Diego are preferred, though we will consider candidates outside of the area for some client work that does not require on-site support.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, or related fields.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in or volunteering in the nonprofit sector.
- Must have a deep understand of client communications and relationship development.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a support role for leaders of organizations and working with churches and faith-based organizations.
- Graphic design skills for social media content creation (Canva, Photoshop, etc.) is preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products is required, and experience with online giving platforms is preferred.