Reporting to the Supervisor, Provider Relations, you will be responsible for a wide range of communications with and to our network of providers, hospitals, and health systems. You will work with the team to provide excellent customer service and regulatory guidance to provider organizations and to coordinate provider communication efforts. To be successful in this role, you excel in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the variety that comes with constantly fluctuating organizational needs. In addition, you anticipate the needs of the providers we serve and the recurring/seasonal activities of the Provider Relations group.
As the specialist, you are one of the faces of the health plan to the community, which may include meeting with providers at their offices and delivering materials as needed. The specialist manages the overall communications plan of the Provider Relations department, including webinars, newsletters, telephone outreach, and seasonal visits to provider offices.Hiring priority will be given to candidates residing in the San Francisco Bay Area or California.
What You Will Do
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Serve as liaison between Health Plan and Providers, Medical Groups and other community partners.
- Via phone, email, or virtually, answer questions and solve problems in an efficient and timely manner with an emphasis on customer service and professionalism.
- Monitor the team’s performance against established metric goals and alert the Supervisor, Provider Relations to challenges.
- Coordinate meetings and trainings with providers. Deliver content as needed.
- Develop and send all provider communications campaigns.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for SFHP’s Provider Portal, leading secure user validation, security roles, new function development, and troubleshooting.
- Manage provider newsletter production schedules and content via MailChimp.
- Maintain and run regular reports produced by Provider Relations department.
- Ensure that Medical Groups and providers are informed of Plan reporting responsibilities and requirements.
- Make changes to the provider databases and communicate provider changes to the other departments in a timely fashion.
- Review Provider Directory drafts from Marketing Department and facilitate production of the Provider Directories.
- Lead the Provider Relations team in outreach initiatives with realistic and efficient route assignments and effective content.
What We Offer
- BA/BS in Social Sciences, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Work experience in a health care environment strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a managed care setting, provider organization or with health policy.
- Experience with presentations and leading diverse groups.
- Ability to work with multiple departments within the organization and external clients.
- Knowledge of managed care and Medi-Cal and other entitlement programs strongly preferred.
- Superior ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written) with a variety of professionals, including physicians and other health providers, administrators and others.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to interpret policy and make decisions.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experienced with electronic file management, SharePoint preferred
A competitive and robust compensation package, including:
- Health benefits – several plan choices to cover you and your dependents medical, dental, vision needs
- Retirement – Employer-matched CalPERS Pension and 401(a) plans, 457 Plan
- Time off – 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) and 13 paid holidays
- An opportunity to work in a vibrant atmosphere with the most amazingly talented people who are shaping the future of healthcare!
- The chance to make a difference in the lives of many San Francisco residents!
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 135,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.San Francisco Health Plan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports and respects all individuals and in which our processes are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
San Francisco Health Plan is an E-Verify participating employer.