Email Deliverability Specialist (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
We are on a journey to help the next million creators, publishers, and companies scale and monetize their audiences. beehiiv is already home to thousands of the most popular newsletters in the world, and we're only 18 months old!
This is an incredible opportunity to join a very fast growing startup as the first person on the email deliverability team.
As an Email Deliverability Specialist, you will engage with business leaders and world-renowned content creators to help troubleshoot and optimize their ability to reach their audiences where they are—the inbox.
In addition to working closely with our incredible users, you will work closely with our internal product and engineering teams to continue to optimize the beehiiv platform for best-in-class email deliverability.
This is a customer-facing role requiring relationship management skills and technical knowledge. This role also requires a deep understanding of how email is sent and received. You should already be an expert with SMTP, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.
The ideal candidate is hands-on and results-oriented, with strong communication and problem-solving skills. We respect each other as individuals and know work is just one part of life; we want you to have the flexibility and support you need to achieve fulfillment in your personal and professional lives.
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- A deep understanding of how email is sent, SMTP protocol, DNS records, and email authentication protocols like SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- A deep understanding Inbox vs Promotions vs Spam placement and factors that impact it
- Experience with transactional email services like SendGrid, Mailgun, Mandrill, and Amazon SES
- Solid communication, listening, and writing skills
- Ability to problem solve and resolve client issues
- Organized and reliable: able to work independently with little direction when necessary
- Genuine excitement about scaling a nascent platform
- An ownership mentality
- Experience working at an email platform is a huge plus
What you will be responsible for
- Function as an escalation point for deliverability issues as well as increase customer value and retention
- Aid in long term, strategic deliverability planning for high-touch, high-visibility brands that send from the beehiiv email infrastructure
- Partner with cross-functional teams, like Customer Success, Sales, Engineer, and Growth to develop and iterate on strategies that improve our customer experience
- Maintains the health of the IP streams and ESP’s and provides strategy around the infrastructure
- Build scalable and risk-tolerant Email System Infrastructure and DNS Management
- Monitor client email campaign metrics/effectiveness and improve future deployment performance
- IP & Domain Reputation and Block List Management
- Provide email best practices consultation to clients and Internal stakeholders
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
We're remote. We believe that your best work is done where you feel safe, comfortable, and supported.
Empathy, not ego. Empathy opens the door to problem solving. Our team is uniquely talented and we can solve any problem when we lead with empathy.
Bias towards action. Most decisions can be changed or altered, but progress cannot be created without action. It is almost always better to deliver something today over something that may be better tomorrow.
Complete transparency. You will have full access to business metrics about the company.
Owner-attitude. Ownership creates a sense of pride and accountability. It empowers someone to stand up for what is right, with a long-term outlook.
We'll take care of you
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited PTO (mandatory 10 days per year minimum)
- Annual IRL Retreats
- Unlimited book budget
- Two-month sabbatical every three years
- Wellness Day Off each month
- WFH Stipend