People Operations Manager (Remote)
Employment Type: Full Time
We are on a journey to help the next million creators, publishers, and companies scale and monetize their audiences. beehiiv is already home to thousands of the most popular newsletters in the world, and we're only 18 months old!
This is an incredible opportunity to join a very fast growing startup as the first member of the people team.
As a People Operations Manager, you will build and lead best-in-class operations as the beehiiv team scales for years to come.
The ideal candidate is hands-on and results-oriented, with strong communication and problem-solving skills. We respect each other as individuals and know work is just one part of life; we want you to have the flexibility and support you need to achieve fulfillment in your personal and professional lives.
Ideally you will have:
- 4+ years of work experience in people operations
- Prior experience building scalable infrastructure
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, immigration, benefits, and compliance & policy management
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- Organized and reliable: able to work independently with little direction when necessary
- Genuine excitement about scaling a nascent platform; an ownership mentality
- Experience working at a startup is a huge plus
What you will be responsible for
- Act as a strategic business partner and hands-on generalist for the company for all things people-related
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of several core HR processes and responsibilities across employee life-cycle activities such as benefits, compliance / policy management, and immigration
- Proactively and thoughtfully address workplace and employee operations issues on an individual and systematic basis
- Own everything related to hiring and onboarding (working with talent teams and third party agencies, scheduling, documents, salaries, etc.)
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to minimize risk and exposure to the company
- Collaborate with team members and across functions to develop, document and implement new programs, processes, events and initiatives
- Design a variety of resources ranging from online materials to standard operating procedures. Tailor existing SOPs to meet business specific needs
- Analyze data and offer insight into company and team-specific programs and policies and recommend solutions to achieve team goals and objectives
- Help create standardized metrics and evaluation processes across HR programs to ensure data-driven approach when evaluating and addressing needs
- Ensure materials are up-to-date and relevant to provide a seamless experience for employees
We're remote. We believe that your best work is done where you feel safe, comfortable, and supported.
Empathy, not ego. Empathy opens the door to problem solving. Our team is uniquely talented and we can solve any problem when we lead with empathy.
Bias towards action. Most decisions can be changed or altered, but progress cannot be created without action. It is almost always better to deliver something today over something that may be better tomorrow.
Complete transparency. You will have full access to business metrics about the company.
Owner-attitude. Ownership creates a sense of pride and accountability. It empowers someone to stand up for what is right, with a long-term outlook.
We'll take care of you
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited PTO (mandatory 10 days per year minimum)
- Annual IRL Retreats
- Unlimited book budget
- Two-month sabbatical every three years
- Wellness Day Off each month
- WFH Stipend