NASHP is seeking a digital media and outreach coordinator to support our communications efforts across multiple channels, including our website, social media channels, and direct marketing.
The National Academy for State Health Policy — NASHP — is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of, by, and for state policymakers, committed to developing and advancing health policy innovations and solutions.
At NASHP, we engage state leaders to solve problems and share best practices, conduct policy analyses and research, leverage state expertise to develop model policies, disseminate information on state policies and programs, and provide technical assistance to states.
We have an immediate opening for a digital media and outreach coordinator to join our communications team.
The digital media and outreach coordinator will coordinate closely with NASHP’s policy and communications staff to create, update, and maintain content for our website and across social media platforms. This position will also play a lead role in enhancing and executing NASHP’s digital engagement strategy to key audiences.
The ideal candidate for this position is creative, strategic, and detail oriented. This is an opportunity to grow your career in digital communications while helping to support state leaders tackling today’s toughest health policy challenges.
This is a full-time position, based in NASHP’s Washington, DC or Portland, Maine office.
Core Competencies and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- At least two years of relevant work experience in digital marketing and/or social media
- Able to identify and translate key messages from complex policy briefs and reports into engaging social media posts, emails, and other digital communications
- Experience using and maintaining customer relationship management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce, HubSpot, or monday.com
- Familiar with best practices in web design, user experience, search engine optimization, and email marketing
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp preferred
Knowledge and experience related to health policy or public health are also a plus.
- Assist with developing and publishing content for NASHP’s website, weekly newsletter, and social media channels that adheres to organizational style and message guidelines
- Collaborate with policy staff on direct email outreach to NASHP’s key audiences, including maintaining and growing contact lists in NASHP’s CRM, helping to develop and send engaging, impactful emails, and monitoring email campaign performance to improve engagement
- Create graphics to promote NASHP’s publications and events for NASHP’s website, weekly newsletter, and social media
- Monitor website, social media, and email campaign analytics to help inform, implement, and improve NASHP’s digital outreach and engagement strategy
- Create and update monthly communications reports to help track on progress towards NASHP’s communications goals
- Collaborate with other departments to coordinate promotions and increase outreach efforts
Working at NASHP
NASHP offers a flexible work schedule. We are currently operating in a hybrid work arrangement, with two days in the office each week. NASHP has offices in Washington, DC and in Portland, Maine.
We require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted.
Salary and Compensation
The salary for this position ranges from $47,749 to $58,360. Your salary will be commensurate with your experience.
NASHP offers exceptional employee benefits that include:
- A 35-hour work week
- Generous paid time off, including a sabbatical benefit
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- A generous retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- A paid parental leave benefit
- Tuition reimbursement
- Transportation stipend
Interested candidates are invited to submit a current resume and a cover letter describing their interest in the position and in our organization along with salary requirements.
NASHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, in accordance with all applicable laws. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment and are committed to building a diverse workforce and leadership team. All people are encouraged and welcome to apply.