Indiaspora, a nonprofit organization, is a network of global Indian origin leaders from diverse backgrounds and professions who are committed to inspiring the diaspora to be a force for good by providing a platform to collaborate, build community engagement, and catalyze social change.
We are conducting a search for a Coordinator for Global Programs & Operations. This position is entirely remote.
- Oversee the development and execution of programming which position Indiaspora as a thought-leader at a global level. Beginning in the United States, India, Canada, and England, with the possibility of additional target countries over time
- Develop strategic plans for Indiaspora’s continued expansion in target countries and beyond and lead Indiaspora’s efforts to expand the organization’s presence in target countries
- Plan and organize relevant Indiaspora events, including “Global Connect” delegations, collaborative forums with government leaders, private sector, or other non-profit organizations (such as think tanks, trade associations, and other community organizations), and organization expansion research excursions.
- Lead efforts to build relationships with key stakeholders such as government officials, private sector leaders and, non-profit organizations in target countries
- Maintain CRM system and additional internal lists and databases
- Update Indiaspora’s Squarespace website
- Maintain website calendar for members’ events
- Assist with the planning and execution of ongoing events
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong attention to detail while keeping under consideration greater organizational priorities
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and GSuite, including Gmail and Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, and Slides), and Zoom.
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with Zoom functionalities
- Ability to work with abbreviated deadlines
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Prior experience planning and executing events
- Wide-ranging knowledge of global affairs and international issues of relevance to the Indian diaspora
- Familiarity with policy, think tank, business, or Indian networks in the United States, India, and target countries
Indiaspora offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- FSA/HSA account
- Dependent care account
- Disability benefits
- 403(b) retirement scheme
- 20 days PTO
- 12 mental health/sick days
- Office supply stipend
- Annual mental/physical health stipend
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
About Our Non-profit
Indiaspora was founded in 2012 by M.R. Rangaswami and led by our Executive Director Sanjeev Joshipura, an esteemed Board, and our Founders Circle, our members are committed to building stronger communities with a culture of giving and inspiring social change. By sharing insight, hosting events and connecting people, Indiaspora aims to bring together the professionally, geographically and religiously diverse Indian diaspora toward collective action worldwide. Stay up to date. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to find out more about Indian diaspora leaders in the news and to participate in our events and community-wide activities.
Indiaspora is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other legally protected criteria.