Job Title: Community Manager (Internship)
Location: Venice, CA
Internship Period: June - August 2023 (3 Month Internship)
Expected Hours: Avg 20 hrs/week, Flexible hours, Occasional nights and weekends to support events
Reporting to: KINN Founder and Social Media Manager
The KINN is a membership for conscious entrepreneurs and growth minded individuals to accelerate positive change. Our diverse community is made up of leaders in tech, media, hospitality, wellness, impact and entertainment, with the shared desire to make a difference.
Our collaborative workspace, located in the heart of Venice, includes a private member lounge and tea bar, dedicated workspace, conference rooms, podcasting studio and a 2500 ft wellness studio. Members have access to various business and personal growth workshops, masterclasses and panels with some of the world's great thinkers and leaders.
We are seeking a Community Manager to join our team on a part-time basis. As our Community Manager, you will join our marketing team to help build the KINN community, increase brand awareness, engagement, and customer acquisition (membership). You will help manage our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and LinkedIn; along with our internal membership social feed. In addition, you’ll help connect and expand our local partnerships in Venice with businesses, artists, innovators and community organizations.
- Create and curate engaging content for our social media platforms, newsletter and internal member feed; including graphics, videos, and written content.
- Monitor accounts, including posting content, responding to comments and messages, and tracking metrics.
- Outreach to businesses in Venice (and neighboring areas) for collaborations and partnerships.
- Collaborate with the KINN team to ensure all communication strategies align with overall business objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continuously improve our social media presence.
- Support KINN hosted events, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Experience managing social media accounts, creating content, managing an online community, and executing campaigns (personal or professional).
- Ability to create engaging visual content using tools such as Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with social media management tools, analytics platforms and email marketing solutions (e.g., Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Mailchimp).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for social media, marketing, and staying current with industry trends.
- Motivated to build something special
- Gain hands-on experience in social media marketing within a start-up environment.
- Surround yourself with conscious entrepreneurs and founders making a difference in the world.
- Build a strong portfolio of social media marketing campaigns and content.
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals and potential future employers.
- Potential for a full-time or part-time position after successful completion of the internship.
This is a paid internship with flexible hours and the option to work remotely and on-site. If you are passionate about community building, social media marketing and excited to gain valuable experience in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply!
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please send your resume along with what sparked your interest in The KINN and the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.