BREAST CANCER COALITION OF ROCHESTER
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CONSULTS WITH: Executive Director, Staff, Treasurer, Accountant/Auditor and Fundraising Chairs
SUPERVISES: Staff, Interns, and Volunteers
- Cover letter stating interest, experience, and specific qualifications
Apply online today: https://bccr.org/careers/
SUMMARY: In a small and evolving organization such as the Coalition, it is important to make clear that we all participate in the tasks that need to be done. At times our responsibilities not only overlap, but also each of us must have the knowledge and the willingness to pick up responsibilities for each other. Therefore, there are areas that are not listed in this job description that may require the Office Manager to be involved in limited ways. The Office Manager will also arrange for coverage of duties during times of planned absence (vacation, days off, etc.). All staff members will reflect the Coalition’s philosophy and values in all job-related activities. All staff members will demonstrate commitment to the Coalition’s mission and goals.
GENERAL SCOPE: Oversee all day-to-day operations of the Coalition, including bookkeeping, human resources, administrative support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Requires full-scope bookkeeping and office management. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (including non-profit rules and regulations), applicable financial reporting and related tax laws. Recent experience in the preparation for certified audits, including preparation of audit schedules, trial balances, lead schedules, and other required analysis and documentation.
- Provide exceptional customer service in interacting with sponsors/grantors/ individual donors, staff, Board and committee members, volunteers and the general public
- Maintain Comprehensive Coalition Calendar on google calendars.
- Oversee all correspondence in timely manner
- Oversee donor communications, including direct mail
- Serve as primary contact between the Coalition and landlord
- Organize, manage, and maintain inventory, supplies and document storage, forecasting needs and purchasing supplies when appropriate
- Assist in travel arrangements when needed
- Establish and maintain tracking system for keys, credit card, and other security features
- Oversee RFP process for bidding on larger projects/accounts
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable including donations, sponsorships, pledges
- Maintain Coalition’s Accounting & Financial Reporting System in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and conventional non- profit accounting practices
- Ensure all accounting transactions are recorded in compliance with the Coalition policies, applicable laws and regulations, and sound internal controls.
- Work collaboratively with CPA firm to perform all general ledger entries for monthly close process
- Oversee cash flow management, including direct and indirect contact with clients/customers, vendors, fundraisers, festivals, etc.
- Oversee the processing of all vendor and credit card purchases; process payments, including authorization, documentation, and database entry
- Ensure all non-cash donations are properly classified, recorded and reported; including preparation of appropriate correspondence and filing of IRS forms.
- Ensure proper classification and recording of fund transactions, transfers and allocations.
- Analyze balance sheet, fund (net asset), income and expense accounts as needed.
- Prepare and submit for review preliminary monthly and annual financial statements for Executive Director and Treasurer with variances and supporting explanations included.
- Coordinate the annual external audit preparing supporting schedules and analysis as needed.
- Serve on Audit and Finance Committees
- Coordinate preparation of the annual budget, working collaboratively with the Executive Director and other staff on assumptions.
- Ensure 1099s, W-9s, contract recordkeeping, and tax reporting are completed in timely manner
- Serve as primary contact between the Coalition and banking services provider, investment advisor, and retirement plan broker
- Perform banking and investing transactions and activities as directed.
- Ensure appropriate funds are properly allocated to the Research Initiative
- Process all donations
- Ensure compliance with all grants, provide support where needed, submit claims for payment
- Ensure donor/funder database records are accurate and up to date, including giving history and action items
- Provide support to fundraising staff and committees where needed
- Assist with our annual campaign, including holiday cards
- Run list of $500+ donors monthly and provide to Board of Directors
- Supervise reception staff
- Schedule and facilitate staff meetings
- Ensure compliance for all procedures
- Ensure office environment is conducive to productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Oversee the onboarding of new staff
- Oversee the exiting of departing staff
- Serve as employee Personnel/Human Resource contact and maintain schedule and records for vacation, illness, holiday, scheduling conflicts, and other time off
- Complete annual sexual harassment training
- Employee benefits administration
- Assist the Executive Director in updating the employee handbook
Communications and Information Technology
- Ensure computers, internet, phone systems, audio-visual equipment, and website are maintained and functioning at all times.
- Ensure registration of website domains www.bccr.org and www.breastcancercoalition.org are maintained
- Provide administrative support to the charitable giving pages of website, including Race/Walk pledge system
- Ensure a comprehensive, accurate list of financial contributors, sponsors, donors, etc. is provided to newsletter editor
- Create/develop spreadsheets, document templates, PowerPoint templates for staff and/or volunteers, as needed
- Oversee IT agreements and contracts
- Assist Executive Director with duties as assigned
- MINIMUM 5 years experience in office management
- Knowledge of computers and computer systems is REQUIRED
- Experience with QuickBooks and Excel is REQUIRED
- Experience with CRM software is REQUIRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dedicated team player with demonstrated ability to work independently, provide direction to projects, and handle stress
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to respond with empathy and support to those in stressful situations and with sensitivity and awareness to diverse cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, attitudes, and languages
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Accounting and/or Business Management/Administration curriculum desired
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Requires judgment, integrity and tact
- Must demonstrate initiative and excellent interpersonal skills
- Requires an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Requires the capacity for adherence to detail
- Must be flexible and well organized
- Must be able to oversee and coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Must have ability to work independently and maintain professional work style
- Must be able to endure long periods of sitting, using a phone and computer
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull 25+ pounds
- The Coalition is a scent-free, tobacco-free cancer organization
- Salary range $54,000 - 57,000 based upon experience
- Periodic evenings and occasional weekend work may be required
- Forty (40) hours per week
- Salary based on qualifications and experience
- Benefits include vacation, holiday, sick days; 70% healthcare (optional) and Simple IRA w/ employer match
- Professional References will be requested at a later date
- Ali Dennison, Hiring Team, Breast Cancer Coalition of Rochester, firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: NO PHONE CALLS. NO WALK-INS