The Energy Corridor District (District) is at an exciting juncture in time. We are building on our past successes and embarking on strategic initiatives that will impact the future of the Energy Corridor for years to come. As such, the District is seeking a results-oriented, self-motivated, collaborative, and strategic minded professional to serve as our Project Manager, Public Realm and Special Projects.
About the Energy Corridor District
The Energy Corridor District (District) is an advocate for one of Houston’s premier business centers and destinations. Established in 2001 by the Texas Legislature as Harris County Improvement District #4, The District was created to promote, develop, encourage, maintain employment, commerce, transportation, housing, recreation, arts, entertainment, economic development, safety, and the public welfare within its boundaries.
Home to the headquarters and regional offices of prominent global firms within the energy sector and beyond, the District consists of over 2,000 acres, stretching along IH-10 from Kirkwood Road to west of Barker Cypress Road, and extending south along Eldridge Parkway to south of Briar Forest Drive. The District also offers access to assets such as Buffalo Bayou, Terry Hershey Park, various recreational trails, and adjacency to over 26,000 acres of parks and open space. The Energy Corridor features over 20 million square feet of Class A Office Space, over 8,500 units of Class A apartments, and commercial land available for future development.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this role is responsible for developing, implementing, and achieving the District’s communication, branding, and marketing goals and objectives to reach target audiences. The role is responsible for leading and managing the District’s overall communications, branding, and marketing strategies to competitively position the Energy Corridor. Towards this goal, the role will utilize the appropriate communication and marketing methods, tools, and collateral to promote, emphasize, and attract interests in District’s projects, programs, initiatives, events, and other activities, including targeted campaigns.
This role will work in close coordination and collaboration with the Executive Director, Manager of Business Engagement and Research, Communication consultants, and other District staff. Additionally, the role will support coordinating events and committees (standing and advisory), and work to ensure District research related to traditional and non-traditional economic development and other correlated data points are incorporated into communications, branding, and marketing strategies and products. The responsibilities of this role all work towards expanding the District’s profile for long-term success and viability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communications, Branding, and Marketing
- Lead the District’s communication and marketing efforts by creating, developing, implementing, and evaluating robust, consistent, and multi-dimensional content and messaging that aligns with and is complimentary to the District’s branding and marketing position as outlined in the brand playbook.
- Develop, implement, and oversee strategic messaging to stakeholders and target audiences through integrated marketing communication and engagement via platforms such as the District’s website, social media channels, e-newsletter, print media, promotional campaigns, annual report, etc.
- Promote District’s and its stakeholders projects, events, offerings, and initiatives through the appropriate communication channels and tools; event promotion should also include, as applicable, pre-event, live, and post-event coverage.
- Conceptualize and design graphics, advertisement, and supporting video and photography content, etc. for clean, professional, and attractive final presentations for use on a variety of mediums.
- Develop and manage a social media calendar for District used platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) to ensure regular and relevant content is delivered and effective engagement with followers.
- Monitor the District’s social media platforms for engagement opportunities and effectiveness of content; evaluate competitors’ social media platforms as needed.
- Manage and update the District’s website in conjunction with staff to ensure relevant content, functionality, accuracy, and accessibility.
- Develop clean and professional e-newsletters that align with the District’s brand, contains relevant information for District stakeholders, and connects to the District’s marketing campaigns.
- Execute quarterly audits of e-newsletter subscribers to improve the District’s open rate.
- Increase the District’s engagement with social media followers, e-newsletter subscribers, and website visitors.
- Conduct relevant surveys and solicit feedback from stakeholders.
- Create and publish emergency alerts in a timely matter.
- As appropriate, take and edit photos to showcase the District and/or coordinating photo opportunities with the District’s professional photographer and videographer.
Media and Communication Stakeholder Relations
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact between the District and the media.
- Develop relationships with media and other communications stakeholders to promote District projects, initiatives, and events.
- Assess opportunities for the District to expand its presence through articles, press releases, interviews, speaking engagements, and other communication methods.
- Engage regularly with relevant communication stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date media contact list.
Reports and Assessments
- Lead and collaborate on efforts to capture data and stories to publish an annual review or “State of the District” to highlight accomplishments and projected future plans.
- Track and report analytics related to communications on a monthly basis.
- Prepare quarterly and annual communications reports in support of the District’s assessment and/or presentations to stakeholders.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews for brand consistency and effectiveness.
- Prepare presentations for the Executive Director and other staff members for public speaking engagements.
- Prepare and staff the Executive Director for media engagements.
- Manage the District’s communication and marketing consultant(s).
- Participate in regional joint information center calls, PIO Network meetings, and other meetings as requested
- Lead the District’s communication’s strategy related to emergency response and/or in situations of crisis.
- Support coordination of targeted signature events and initiatives. This may include District signature events such as the Annual Tree Lighting event, 12 Days of Christmas, Earth Day, stakeholder meetings, and other small to large scale events.
Collaboration with Manager of Business Engagement and Strategic Research and other staff
- Collaborate with the Manager of Business Engagement and Strategic Research to achieve Business Retention and Recruitment goals, improve stakeholder engagement and outreach initiatives, and to conduct strategic research to be leveraged in communications and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with other staff, consultants, communication partners, public and private stakeholders to ensure the full breath of the District’s work is communicated in an effective and impactful manner.
This position will also be responsible for performing other related job duties as required, which may include evening and weekend availability in cases of emergency and/or to fulfill project or event related responsibilities assigned to the role.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Five (5) to Ten (10) plus years of related and relevant experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Constant Contact, Word Press or similar is necessary.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with a diverse of group stakeholders with competing interests.
- Collaborative, well organized, ability to multi-task, act proactively, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent reasoning, strong decision-making skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to detail.
Salary range is contingent upon knowledge and experience. Full benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement contributions.
How to Apply
A letter of interest and resume/CV is required. At the applicant’s discretion, no more than three work samples may be provided. Please send a complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org.