*Please follow the application instructions below, instead of the LinkedIn Easy Apply function.
June 2, 2023
The Building Energy Exchange (BE-Ex) is an award-winning, independent nonprofit driving decarbonization of the built environment. We accelerate the transition to healthy, comfortable, and energy efficient buildings by serving as a resource and trusted expert to the building industry. Through education, exhibits, and actionable research, BE-Ex is central to New York City and State’s climate action plans, and advances high performance buildings globally, as the founding member of the United Nations International Centres of Excellence for High Performance Buildings, and nationally through its Building Performance Partnership.
Join us to work with a dedicated, diverse, collaborative, and supportive team to transform the built environment, locally and around the world, creating healthy and sustainable buildings everywhere for everyone.
Reporting to the Manager of Education & Engagement, and working with Director of Educational Resources, the Associate of Education & Engagement will play a central role in all aspects of BE-Ex’s climate engagement, including developing and delivering BE-Ex educational programs and hosting partner programs at the BE-Ex resource center. This role also supports BE-Ex communications, including social media, newsletter and online presence, with specific regard for marketing educational programs and our e-learning platform, BE-Ex Ed. The Associate of Education & Engagement is critical to realizing our organizational mission, building our audience and diverse community, and plays an active role in the administration of BE-Ex’s energy efficiency resource center.
• Play a central role in the development and delivery of BE-Ex’s educational programs and events;
• Assist in the ideation, strategy, scoping, direction and development of BE-Ex’s educational training, series and primers, thought-leadership programming, and collaborative events;
• Manage the logistics and lead the delivery of educational programs and event activity (including on-site and live-remote logistics, and development of pre- and post-event resources);
• Attend and assist in hosting BE-Ex programs and events, including some early mornings and evenings;
• Act as a driver of social media channels (including annual Daylight Hour campaign) and BE-Ex’s virtual presence, including both the BE-Ex website and e-learning platform, BE-Ex Ed;
• Maintain BE-Ex’s events calendar and track other sector events and activities;
• Liaise with BE-Ex’s partnership networks, including with many high profile organizations and with other resource centers in the US and abroad;
• Act as the face of BE-Ex for our partners and other organizations that utilize our resource center;
• Maintain a working knowledge of NYC and NYS relevant programs and events;
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in building energy efficiency and carbon reduction;
• Assist to facilitate partnerships with professional organizations, CBOs, and academic institutions.
Candidates with Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering, Sustainable Development/Management, Environmental Sciences or related fields will be preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and interest in educational programs preferred. Working knowledge of building science a plus. 1-2 years post collegiate work experience is highly preferred. Knowledge of social media campaigns a plus. Familiarity with the NYC real estate market and stakeholders a plus. Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Public speaking experience a plus.
Experience with email marketing platforms (e.g. Mailchimp), social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite), Salesforce, Google Analytics, and/or Wordpress a plus. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred.
Diversity, equity and inclusion
BE-Ex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a diverse team of passionate, collaborative, and respectful coworkers.
BE-Ex compensates based on the level and requirements of the role. Salary within our ranges may also be determined by a candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as required by the role, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Building Energy Exchange provides a comprehensive package of industry leading benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc.), generous paid time off, and excellent professional development opportunities.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Education & Engagement Associate - [Name]