Life Science Connect facilitates mutually beneficial connections between our audiences and strategic partners that accelerate the advancement of life-improving, life-extending, and life-saving therapies and devices. We serve a loyal, satisfied readership that demands original, compelling content with utility.
The Strategic Communications Manager is responsible for developing and executing internal and external communication strategies, in collaboration with LSC leadership, that build the perception and reputation of Life Science Connect among current employees, job seekers, and customers. They ensure that employees across the organization are aware of our company’s strategic goals, key projects, and relevant updates.
Specific responsibilities include:
Internal Communications -
- Responsible for the strategic planning and execution of internal communications programs to inform and engage LSC employees in all locations in a timely and effective manner.
- Provides guidelines for strong internal communications practices to foster a culture of accountability and respect.
- Designs and implements major internal initiatives and engagement activities such as employee town hall meetings and “all hands” internal email announcements.
- Reviews, edits and approves employee announcements.
- Advises managers on regional external communications strategies and approaches.
- Maintains the Regional channels on intranet and internal social media, and supplies content for global social media channels.
- Leads quarterly corporate communications initiatives, such as managing content creation and coordination for all-employee communications meetings and writing/editing a new LSC internal newsletter. Manage communications related to larger employee events and celebrations.
- Keeps employees engaged with the activities of different departments across the company.
External Communications -
- Responsible for strategic planning and execution of external communications programs to build awareness of the Life Science Connect brand. Ensures that all key audiences are reached – job seekers, customers, and other stakeholders. Monitors the image that LSC projects and promotes the employee value proposition.
- Designs and executes communication programs to promote LSC, its purpose/mission/vision, its markets, its products, and its people, local media, and social media, regional publications (e.g., Pittsburgh Business Times and Post-Gazette), Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce, local associations (particularly those focused in Life Science markets), regional civic organizations, relocation organizations, other news outlets, websites, local universities, and regional events.
- Designs and implements programs and develops content, including speeches, announcements, events, and videos.
- Collaborate with local LSC markets teams (e.g., Clinical and Outsourced Pharma) to identify opportunities for media outreach, social media content and media response.
- Create content for corporate digital and social media channels to promote regional stories and employees and maintain regional LSC LinkedIn pages.
- As directed, act as an official spokesperson for the company with local and regional media, represents LSC with community partners.
- Supports marketing teams by reviewing and advising on public relations programs and opportunities.
- Responds to local media and blogger inquiries. Prepare spokespeople for interviews, drafting messages and Q&A. Monitoring news.
- In partnership with Pittsburgh Managers, as required, oversee LSC’s Regional community relations and corporate sponsorship programs, represent LSC at community events, maintain relationships with local community partners
- Develop a regional philanthropy program
- Supports the LSC team with reputation management by implementing a process to anticipate, identify and mitigate risks to LSC’s reputation in the region, and helping to develop effective issues management and crisis communications plans.
- Advise local senior management about regional reputation risks.
- Review marketing content to assess alignment with LSC values and minimize and prepare for potential risks to the corporate reputation. Includes marketing social media content, ads, and website content, etc.
- BA in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related
- 5-10 years of experience within public relations, employee communications or corporate communications at an agency or in-house
- Experience in fast-moving industry within a heavily matrixed organization
- Strong Networker – In person and using social media
- Managed key corporate communications and community service programs
- Developed content, including graphics, fact sheets, ads, videos and photos for use in internal and external digital and social channels
- Experience in social media and comfort using digital collaboration tools
- Formal training and extensive experience in public relations, employee communications and advising executives in communications and reputation mgmt.
- Strong management and strategic planning and goal setting
- Ability to show visual communications and writing samples across a variety of communications channels
- Excellent visual, oral and written communication skills
- Strong writer and editor. Creative visual storyteller.
- Inquisitive. Creativity, critical thinking, ability and confidence to advise senior managers and problem solve, to shape communications strategies and plans.
- Competitive medical/prescription/vision coverage for you and your family
- 100% company-paid dental insurance
- 100% company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- 21 paid days off from your first day of employment
- 13 company-paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
To see all our job postings and showcases for some of our employees, just click on this link: https://lifescienceconnect.com/careers/