Center for Improving Value in Health Care (CIVHC)
Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist
Reports To: Director of Health Care Programs
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000 depending on experience
***THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO COLORADO APPLICANTS
***This position requires a background in healthcare claims processing/managed care
***This position does not offer sponsorship
Center for Improving Value in Health Care (CIVHC) is an objective, not-for-profit organization. Through services, health data, and analytics, we partner with Change Agents to drive towards the Triple Aim for all Coloradans. We believe that together we can alter the trajectory of health care and we are privileged to serve those striving toward a better health system for us all. We strive to empower individuals, communities, and organizations through collaborative support services and health care information to advance the Triple Aim of better health, better care, and lower costs.
We are committed to working toward diversifying our staff, board, and committees, creating a culture of diversity and inclusivity with an intention to understand all viewpoints and reduce biases. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply for open positions.
The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for developing and managing a robust community engagement strategy for CIVHC, with a particular focus on building relationships with organizations that are working to address health equity and those that serve BIPOC and other historically marginalized populations. An effective community engagement strategy will provide bi-directional communication and value between CIVHC and communities across Colorado, connecting CIVHC resources to community-based organizations and ensuring CIVHC’s priorities are informed by communities across the state.
This person will be charged with expanding CIVHC’s presence in the community, in large part by building capacity among staff to be community ambassadors. This will include preparing staff to effectively communicate CIVHC’s Mission and Values with specific emphasis on addressing equity, diversity and inclusion, and social determinants of health to diverse audiences across the state. An effective community engagement strategy will also prepare CIVHC staff to listen to insights and feedback from community and make connections to CIVHC strategy and resources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a multi-year Community Outreach and Engagement plan.
- Create and maintain a tracking tool/database for measuring engagement throughout CIVHC including providing reporting as needed.
- Help build engagement capacity at CIVHC by supporting staff to be ambassadors in the community. Included in that would be to provide training and/or support to CIVHC team members, including (1) how to foster positive and productive relationships (2) how CIVHC can provide value and support to partner organizations, (3) how communities can inform CIVHC efforts, and (4) documenting engagement efforts.
- Maintain and develop relationships with community partners to identify meaningful collaboration opportunities. The intended outcomes would be to (1) have a clear understanding of the partner organization and their key organizational goals and (2) collaborate with partner organizations to advance their mission through program evaluation, informative data or other CIVHC resources. (3) Use insights from partner organizations to inform and guide the work that CIVHC does to stay relevant to those we serve.
- Maintains and strengthens interdepartmental relationships to engage and leverage staff connections with community partners.
- Provide training and support to external organizations on CIVHC resources and tools and offer a warm hand off to additional CIVHC team members when appropriate.
- Keep abreast and knowledgeable of issues and trends surrounding SDOH, healthcare, health policy and health data in CO and Nationally.
- Work with Communications Department on creation of engagement-related content, including but not limited to blog posts, newsletter articles, social media, website development and annual reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Educational background and experience in relevant field (i.e., healthcare management, nonprofit management, public health, healthcare data analytics, marketing, communications, and/or similar degree). Bachelor’s degree or five years relevant experience required.
- 3 years experience with community outreach, engagement, and the healthcare ecosystem.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate others.
- Experience with volunteer engagement and leadership.
- Current and trusted relationships with partners throughout Colorado, specifically experience with organizations serving under-served populations, BIPOC, rural Colorado, and less-resourced groups.
- Proven track record and passion to improve the health and well being of those most impacted by societal inequities.
- Experience within a data driven organization and a comfort level understanding and communicating data.
- Understanding of healthcare claims and billing is a bonus.
- Ability to speak, read, write, analyze, and present professionally in English.
- Demonstrated time management skills, self-directed, resulting in the ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a diverse set of groups and individuals, and maintain confidentiality.
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs, and social media platforms.
- Valid driver license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
• 403b Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
• Paid life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• 9 paid holidays per year plus generous personal time off
• Company-paid parking
• On-site workout facility
• Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, and work-from-home options
• Employee wellness program
• Internal professional development opportunities
• Position may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. For more information, go to:
• Ability to work at a computer for extended periods
• Ability to travel to and from meetings; some overnight travel may be required.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position