Noise Pop Industries seeks an experienced Editorial Manager for DoTheBay.
DoTheBayis What To Do In The Bay Area. We’re the premier event discovery platform for the Bay Area’s hip, young, social adults. We engage our audience through multiple channels to help them make educated decisions about where to spend their entertainment dollars. We emphasize experience and filter out the noise so that you can enjoy the best music, drinks, and good times your city has to offer. DoTheBay is locally owned and operated by Noise Pop Industries and is part of DoStuff, which includes 20 cities across North America.
This role includes but is not limited to the responsibilities below and may be revised according to needs on an ongoing basis:
- Create and publish new content across on all channels on a consistent schedule as determined by needs and ability with the team, including:
- DoTheBay Top Picks newsletters – minimum 3 per week
- Curate a diverse mix of content that will maximize opens and clicks
- Create subject lines, headlines, captions, CTAs
- Source images from copyright safe sources
- Build and manage email campaigns in MailChimp, A | B testing, etc.
- Create custom event pages, giveaways and RSVPs as needed
- Incorporate content from our sponsors and advertisers as required in an engaging and meaningful way that will resonate with our audience
- Create evergreen and timely editorial pages and guides that can be updated and re-posted regularly
- Assign work to writers / interns and proof/edit work before publishing
- Content focus includes timely, hyperlocal, funny, political content, as well as evergreen guides that we can update and re-post regularly.
- Manage and maintain a quality, consistent, engaging content voice across the various DoTheBay properties, including newsletters and the website.
- Generate new content ideas regularly
- Organize all editorial and newsletter content on a daily basis
- Ensure content is timely, hyperlocal, funny, political
- Organize, track, and assign editorial and content work in Asana
- Contribute to analysis of site traffic each week -- specifically relating to the newsletter, editorial, social channels, and event pages on DoTheBay.com
- Use learnings from site analysis to optimize new content
- Contribute to site management and maintenance as needed
- Flexibly assist in other needs across the business and platform as they arise
Who you are:
- Experienced: Proven experience in copywriting, email marketing, and social media management
- Self-motivated: Able to excel & problem solve without close direct supervision
- Connected: Finger on the pulse of everything going on in the Bay from events to news
- Team Player: You’ll be working very closely with everyone on the team, so adaptability and collaboration are a must.
- Excellent Communicator: You have to be able to maintain DoTheBay’s voice across all channels and execute both organic and sponsored content effectively.
- Proven experience in copywriting and email marketing
- Minimum three years writing experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Apps Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Technical fluency with social media platforms
- BA or BS degree in Media Studies, Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration, Entertainment, or relevant field
- Strong understanding of and enthusiasm for the Bay Area music and arts culture landscape
- Preferred but not required: Experience with Asana, Mailchimp, Google Analytics
SALARY: $60,000-65,000. DoTheBay also provides comprehensive health benefits, 401k, flexible work from home policy, and access to exciting events across the Bay Area.