The Human Resources Assistant will report to the Human Resources Manager and will assist with a variety of duties within the department. This may include recruiting related activities, payroll, benefit enrollment, coordinating events, administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assists with employee recruiting by attending career fairs and assisting Recruiter with scheduling of interviews and monitoring job boards.
- Assist with onboarding new employees by preparing documents for orientations and managing new hire paperwork through HRIS system – Paychex Flex.
- Provides support for the bi-weekly payroll process.
- Conducts 30-day, 90-day, and 6-month check-ins with new hires.
- Assist with managing annual performance reviews.
- Coordinate annual trainings and track progress on employee mandatory trainings
- Coordinate employee events and activities.
- Helps maintain benefit enrollment and accuracy of employee medical files.
- Organizes, maintains, and performs periodic audits of all employee files, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and local and Federal laws.
- Ensures conference room stays organized.
- Maintains inventory of company Uniforms and giveaways.
- Assists with writing and sending company-wide announcement emails and newsletter.
- Provides clerical support to all employees.
- Develops successful working relationships with Managers and Employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, or related field preferred or equivalent experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of the recruitment process.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands or fingers to reach and operate a computer.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.