Graham Holdings Company is seeking an experienced FP&A / corporate finance professional to join the Treasury department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and strategic thinker, with outstanding financial analysis skills, a heavy spreadsheet and modeling background, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. This crucial role will be a partner in helping to oversee and manage the financial operations of the Company.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Forecasting, Planning and Strategy
- Preparation and delivery of monthly consolidated forecast
- Assist in annual budgeting process, 3-year plan, and other key senior management deliverables
- Preparation and coordination of the Company’s Annual Meeting and Shareholder Day presentations
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis to support decision-making across the organization
Business Unit Financial Analysis
- Work directly with the business units as a collaborative business partner, facilitating the efficient collection and transfer of information
- Proactively suggest improvements to help position the businesses for long-term success
- Assist in Quarterly Business Review process
- Develop and maintain benchmarking sets for business units
Treasury and Risk Management support
- Support key treasury functions (e.g. capital structure decisions, rating agency presentations, management and oversight of the Company’s pensions and securities portfolios)
- Support key risk management functions, including financial analysis related to the Company’s insurance program
- Accounting, Financial, and analytical support of the Company’s captive insurance company
- Cash management and payment support in various banking systems
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFA, CPA or other advanced degree in finance preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Corporate Finance / FP&A function
- Treasury or Risk Management experience a plus
- Strong work ethic, with ability to meet deadlines on time-sensitive projects
- Advanced modeling skills, with ability to distill complex information into polished outputs
- Comfortable working independently for significant periods, yet an excellent communicator to help build consensus and work collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Experience with ERPs and other financial information systems; bank system experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn, given the Company’s diverse set of businesses in various industries
- Highest ethical standards, with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Occasional travel expected
A local hybrid structure is preferred, with work performed through a combination of remote and in-office, based on the demands of specific tasks or personal work preferences. We are willing to consider a fully remote candidate; however, this candidate would be required to travel to the Company’s Arlington, VA offices for a significant portion of the employee’s ramp period, as well as periodic company-wide meetings and strategic planning sessions on an ongoing basis.
Graham Holdings Company is a diversified holding company whose operations include: education; television broadcasting–online, podcast, print, and local TV news; manufacturing; home health and hospice care; automotive dealerships; and other businesses. The Company’s other businesses include a consumer internet company; restaurants; a custom framing company; a marketing solutions provider; a customer data and analytics software company; website and print magazines; an ad-free audio streaming service for children; and a daily local news podcast and newsletter company.
PEOPLE AND CULTURE
We strive to create and maintain an inclusive workforce of talented people reflecting global diversity where all forms of individuality are valued, appreciated, and celebrated. This is a core tenet of the Company.
COMPREHENSIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
401(k) and pension plans with generous company contributions starting at 6.45% up to 9.25% with tenure, comprehensive PTO, including 4 weeks’ vacation to start, family leave, short and long-term disability, flexible schedules, $5,000 in adoption assistance, $5,250/year tuition assistance plus tuition discounts, 3 medical plans, 2 dental plans, vision discounts, life and accident insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, health savings account, legal plan, employee discounts and more.
Graham Holdings Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, or maternity status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with federal, state, and local applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the process. Please contact us to request accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY: For consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org