Full-time • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the US (except CO, AL, or LA)
FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has partnered with 1200+ nonprofits who support our mission while raising more than $7.8B in bequests to charities since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and our co-CEOs have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 6 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 175+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure. Check us out on Glassdoor!About the role
FreeWill is seeking a Content Associate to play an integral role in accelerating our work supporting nonprofits large and small across the country.
This role will work closely with other members of the Partner Success team to write and create outreach in the voice of the nonprofit partners we work with. This digital and print outreach will be used by hundreds of nonprofits around the country to raise hundreds of millions of dollars in impactful new gift commitments.
FreeWill has set compensation and a non-negotiation policy for fairness reasons (we don't think that an individual's pay should be determined by how comfortable they are negotiating). As a result, we like to be transparent and up front about the compensation. When we make an offer, we provide multiple options so that employees can choose between compensation packages that prioritize salary or stock options. The offers for this role will be between $65,000 and $68,000.
- Write and create outstanding communications for nonprofit partners to significantly increase the gifts they receive
- Combine the outreach techniques found most effective by FreeWill with individual nonprofit voices to create language in line with partners’ messaging
- Help develop experiments that inform best practices and act as a thought leader in planned giving
- Work closely with other members of the Partner Success team to understand partner needs
- Strategize with members of the Content Team to create experiments and discover the most effective communications
- Write customized content for nonprofit partners to communicate with their donor bases about FreeWill, planned giving, and other giving channels (currently QCDs and stock giving)
- Campaigns to create for partners include e-blasts, surveys, postcards, direct mail letters, newsletter inserts, social media, and more
- Create experiments to discover the most effective communications
- Record and analyze data to ensure content is as effective as possible
- Stay on top of fundraising and planned giving communications best practices and new techniques
- Act with FreeWill’s values of focus, joy, kindness, and courage
- Experience working in content creation and/or in the nonprofit fundraising space is required
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and fine-tuned attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity that drives a willingness to learn and take on projects outside area of primary expertise
- Comfort moving quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Smarts, tenacity, and kindness
The hiring process for this role is as follows:
- Initial Phone Screen (30 minutes)
- Writing Assignment (1 hour)
- Final interviews (2 separate 45 minute interviews)
- Offer (contingent on positive references and a clear background check. More can be found about this here)
Please note that steps in the hiring process can and may change and the Recruiter will be your point of contact in sharing about any updates in terms of the process. If you are selected to move forward in this process, the Recruiter will share more details about the hiring process and interviewers. However, this is a good estimate of what you can expect. For most roles, our hiring processes take an average of 4-6 weeks.
In addition to the immense personal and professional satisfaction you’ll gain from helping to raise $1T for high impact nonprofits in a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly coworking budget which can be used for local co-working spaces
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
Please go to https://grnh.se/331d9ee04us
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.