Are you an administrative assistant looking for an opportunity to make a difference in your community and advance your career at a rapidly growing non-profit organization?
We are a local nonprofit with plans to expand. We are truly making a difference in lives by bringing uplifting support to medically fragile children and their families. Supporting the whole family through this journey is our highest priority, we do this through practical support programs, community events, advocacy and fundraising efforts.
If you are an organized, detail-oriented, adaptable, and cheerful person, we have the perfect job for you!
If you want to join our organization and make a direct impact in your local community we’d love to hear from you!
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities:
- Good knowledge and handling of office administration, project and program procedures.
- Event Facilitation - coordination, software, set up/takedown and interacting with clients (families) and donors.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, format, print documents, data entry and more.
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the program; coordinate services and address client (families) needs and support.
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals involved in program management.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency, Maintain confidential files and records with effective filing systems to include: client/donor/volunteer, financial, inventory and events.
- Support leadership with fundraising and outreach - opportunities, grants, donations, and sponsorships. Collaborate on the newsletter and other marketing materials. Strong written, verbal, and detail oriented communication skills.
- Ability to use experience, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to adapt current practices to new situations and select the best course of action.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
Administrative Assistant requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience as administrative assistant or similar position.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a professional office; small nonprofit or start-up experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following software preferred - Adobe Acrobat, MailChimp, G Suite, Monday.com, CRM
- Ability to learn and apply new software systems
- Detail-oriented, focusing on all facets of assignments
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Anticipate needs and find solutions
- Multi-tasking aptitude
- Proactive problem solver
This role requires approximately 30-40 hours per week. There is flexibility in the schedule to meet your personal needs. Compensation minimum of $18 and up depending on experience, starting as hourly with potential benefits and salary package based on performance or experience.