The Bay Area Council is one of California’s most influential public policy and advocacy organizations,working to maintain the Bay Area as the global center of innovation. Our members include many of the region’s largest and most prominent companies. Through public policy and advocacy, we focus on building more housing, increasing investment in transportation, eliminating homelessness, modernizing our workforce, creating a more inclusive economy, and protecting the environment, among other key initiatives. We consistently achieve results by bringing together top business, government and community leaders and implementing bold and actionable solutions.
Our San Francisco office is located on the Historic Klamath. The Bay Area Council transformed this mighty 100-year old ferry into not only into our headquarters but a floating symbol of our region’s deep connection with the Bay and the powerful spirit of innovation and creative thinking that has long defined the Bay Area. Your new office has stunning views, incredible architecture, gorgeous gardens, cutting edge technology, and stories upon stories to tell.
The Communications, Marketing & Events Senior Associate contributes to growing the Bay Area Council’s visibility, influence, effectiveness and membership through the creation and delivery of compelling communications, events and digital content. You’ll be part of a dynamic team of passionate, smart and fun leaders committed to making the Bay Area the greatest region on the planet. You’ll support the organization in all aspects of communications, event planning, marketing, media/public relations, advocacy, public policy work and member engagement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support planning, programming and logistics for two major annual events: Annual Dinner and Pacific Summit
- Manage budgets and vendor relationships
- Coordinate day-to-day logistics with event producer and develop detailed project timelines
- Manage sponsorship acquisition pipeline
- Lead and support production and delivery of in-person meetings, webinars and other digital forums
· Design and deploy digital marketing campaigns that build brand awareness and/or help achieve fundraising and meeting/event attendance goals
· Develop creative artwork and messaging for a wide variety of marketing collateral, including policy program initiatives, print/digital advertisements, membership pitch materials, social media campaigns, e-blasts, and major executive presentations
- Lead and support activities that deepen and expand the Council’s social media presence, with focus on key policy and organizational goals
- Develop content for weekly newsletter, monthly events calendar, invitations, social media and website
- Maintain and update website content
- Manage organization’s internal Editorial Calendar
- Support development of meeting presentations and meeting materials
- Support media relations work, including drafting press releases and advisories
- Minimum of two years of experience in positions whose primary responsibilities include event planning, marketing and corporate communications.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis on communications and marketing.
- Strong ability to produce clear, compelling and persuasive writing for a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience using social media tools in creative and interactive ways to achieve business, communications and/or advocacy objectives.
- Organized, responsible and exceptional team player, able to work with minimal supervision on multiple simultaneous assignments and meet short deadlines with high quality and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in visual/graphic design and/or video production.
- Proficiency with wide range of software applications for both PC and Mac, including Excel, Outlook, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Keynote, video editing, etc.
- Strong writer and editor
- Proactive self-starter, using creativity and tenacity to take assignments from start to finish without benefit of a roadmap.
- Good oral communicator, comfortable and persuasive when discussing complex subjects with individuals and groups, including public officials and senior business executives.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including board members, senior executives, elected officials, staff, community leaders, donors and funder partners.
- Strong ability to execute with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
- Ability to adhere to and meet deadlines.
The proposed annual compensation is in the range of $60,000 – $75,000, in addition to a generous benefits package that includes:
· Annual performance and compensation reviews
· Annual Bonus Incentive program (when financial conditions permit)
· Medical, dental and vision insurance is 100% paid by the employer for the employee and 50% coverage for all dependents will be paid by the employer with the employee carrying the other 50%
· Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance policy of up to one (1) times the employee’s annual salary.
· Paid time off (PTO) of 20 days per year for the first 4 years, then 25 days thereafter.
· Eleven (11) Paid Holidays.
· Employer sponsored 401(k) plan with an employer match of 12 percent.
· Professional development training allowance provided annually.
· Mobile Phone reimbursement up to $55.00 per month.
· Wellness stipend of $25.00 per month (certain qualifications must be met).
· Commuter stipend and/or work from home stipend provided monthly.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Bay Area Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Answers to application questions will be used for applicable, job-related reasons only.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as one pdf e-mail attachment with your last name and “Communications Associate” in the file name (i.e., LASTNAME_ComAssc) to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.