BAMSI is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization founded in Brockton, Massachusetts, with a vision of driving change and creating equal opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities and mental and behavioral health challenges. Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc. (BAMSI) was incorporated on March 21, 1975 as South Shore Multi-Services Inc., under Chapter 180 of the Massachusetts General Laws, as a not-for-profit human service organization. On July 9, 1975, it changed its name to Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc. It was formed for the development, coordination, and delivery of integrated human service programs, and according to its website, its mission is “to empower people and enrich their lives, through compassionate support and diverse services, one individual, one family a time.” BAMSI employees up to 2,000 people and operates adult, child, and family services, assisting approximately 30,000 individuals each year in Worcester, Middlesex, Norfolk, Bristol, and Plymouth Counties.
BAMSI is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Access for all; to creating a holistic system of care that meets people where they are; and abolishing the stigmas surrounding mental illness, disability, and addiction.
We strive to offer valuable benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees’ lives. Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Package
- up to 4 weeks combined vacation, personal and cultural holiday
- 11 paid holidays
- up to 2 weeks Sick Time
- Highly Specialized Paid Trainings including opportunity to earn CEUs
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403B plan with discretionary match
- Wellness Activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Development Opportunities
*Available benefits are based on position and scheduled hours.
· Assist Program Director, Educational Consultant and PIN staff with the collection, compilation and analysis of program data
· Greet and direct visitors and staff in a professional and courteous manner
· Serve as point person for reception area and telephone directory
· Prepare all correspondence, memoranda and reports in a professional and confidential manner
· Record all program data and required documentation for billing and reporting utilizing excel spreadsheet
· Maintain filing system and program database keeping it organized and up-to-date
· Maintain all office machinery, order program supplies and keep reception area neat and orderly
· Assist staff/families with identifying and accessing resources for client families
· Maintain resource center and market program resources to the community
· Assist Program Director with PIN budget to include all documentation needed for billing utilizing excel spreadsheet
· Prepare for monthly staff meetings and record/transcribe minutes
· Distribute consumer satisfaction surveys for DMH and BAMSI and follow-up as needed to assure high level of returns
· Oversee child care workers scheduling.
· Act as lead editor for e-newsletter
· Provide courier services for the program
· Act as Financial Officer for the program.
· Assist with planning and organizing activities for PIN families working occasional nights and weekends as needed
· Perform any other work duties/projects as assigned by supervisor or designee
· Assist staff and families with agency/program policies and procedures
· Perform job duties in accordance with program/agency policies and procedures
· Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal precautions must be utilized and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
· Must be proficient in computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Must have knowledge of Power Point
· Must be proficient in operating fax and copier machine
· Must be able to work as a professional in a highly visible, fast- paced confidential environment
· Must have strong multi-tasking skills, be organized and a quick learner
· Must be a team player as well as able to work independently
· Must be able to maintain a professional, friendly and courteous manner
· Knowledge of human services strongly desired; having an understanding knowledge of families struggling with emotional disturbances in children
BAMSI conducts as needed, job-related background checks (e.g., may include but is not limited to fingerprints, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks) prior to employment.