JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Digital Content Associate
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY The Los Angeles Food Policy Council (LAFPC) is a collective impact initiative, working to make Southern California a Good Food region for everyone—where food is healthy, affordable, fair and sustainable. Through policy creation, cooperative relationships and innovative projects, our goals are to reduce hunger, improve public health, increase equity in our communities, create good jobs, stimulate local economic activity, and foster environmental stewardship. We specialize in cultivating a cross-sector network and strategic facilitation to achieve policy impact.
POSITION DESCRIPTION The Digital Content Associate, reporting to the Communications Manager, will support an engaging, purpose-driven, and nimble communications strategy. The Digital Content Associate will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the organization’s presence on all social media platforms as well as assisting with drafting copy, generating and creating content, photo / video documentation, conducting interviews, and supporting the creation of the newsletter. The ideal candidate is passionate about food justice and the power of communication, is able to work autonomously and as a member of a diverse team, and is comfortable managing multiple projects with independent timelines. This is a hybrid position that includes remote work opportunities as well as fieldwork which will require regular local travel within Los Angeles.
Hours: Part time (20 hours per week), hourly Anticipated Start Date: August 1, 2023
Compensation: $25 per hour Location: Los Angeles, CA (hybrid remote/in-the-field)
- Managing engagement on all social media platforms.
- Assisting in copywriting (social media captions, newsletter, marketing, and event documentation).
- Assisting in content creation (photography and videography; conducting interviews; graphic design).
- Responding to new communications needs as they arise and supporting the growth and evolution of communications efforts for Los Angeles Food Policy Council.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Communications or 3 years of relevant work experience
- Social Media Fluency (Instagram, LinkedIN, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook)
- Professional and clear copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish)
- Reliable Transportation
- Project Management — familiarity with Monday is a plus
- Photography / Videography — smart phone photography is okay
- Newsletter Management — familiarity with Mail Chimp is a plus.
- Graphic Design — familiarity with Canva or Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line: Digital Content Associate — [NAME OF CANDIDATE]. Please include: (1) a cover letter with relevant experience and skills, (2) a resume; (3) a social media portfolio (OPTIONAL).
Los Angeles Food Policy Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. As part of this commitment, LAFPC includes certain strategies during the hiring process, such as anonymized application reviews and standardized interview questions, meant to limit implicit and unconscious biases. LAFPC encourages women and gender diverse people, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, veterans, immigrants, and anyone with a disability to apply for all of our positions.