The Executive & Human Resources Assistant supports the work of the CEO and organization by performing a variety of administrative, clerical, support functions and tasks. This position will support the CEO administratively by serving as the first touch point with all current and prospective clients, maintaining her calendar, ensuring she is adequately prepared for all presentations, meetings, calls and events. This position will provide clerical support by ensuring that the CEO has what she needs to be successful such as, but not limited to, proofing documents, creating talking points, working with WPC team members to ensure the necessary documents are prepared and ready, scheduling, organizing meetings and events for the CEO and at times the organization as a whole.
Our Executive Assistant position requires excellent organizational skills, writing, the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially, as well as the ability to multitask. The ideal candidate is contagiously positive, detail-oriented, adaptive, anticipatory, and an astute listener.
Are you passionate about creating and maintaining systems and structures? Are you detail-oriented, positive and a great writer? Have you worked in a fast-paced, startup environment? Do you want to improve your knowledge of HR, DEI and systems change, while supporting a growing business? Are you excited right now about possibly being a part of CHANGE? Well, we’re excited, too!
You should apply for this role. You will undoubtedly gain HR and business experience while growing your professional network in a fast-paced work environment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Scheduling (25% daily task):
- Serve as the keeper of the CEO’s calendar and daily activities.
- Provide administrative, clerical, and technical support for the CEO’s daily activities by preparing and anticipating the necessary documents and items required for success.
- Ensure that the CEO is prepped for upcoming meetings, seminars, presentations, and events.
- Schedule, prepare and provide support for the CEO’s speaking engagements and presentations.
- Create post client meeting acknowledgement for the CEO.
- Schedule and maintain all logistical details for all Workplace Change travel, local, national and international presentations.
- Track all the CEO’s billable hours.
- Schedule client check-ins with past and former clients ensuring the CEO regularly communicates with former and current clients.
Support (50% daily task):
- Maintain up to date records of current and former clients and the services rendered.
- Establish, maintain, and support the scheduling of all Culture Assessments and ensure they are adequately staffed, and that staff are prepared and timely.
- Create Culture Assessment PowerPoints and work with CEO to prepare final presentations.
- Maintain record of former Culture Assessments and results.
- Create and maintain all client proposals and contracts, ensuring timely follow-up when needed.
- Collaborate and provide strategic support when needed with internal Workplace Change staff ensuring all contracts are fulfilled.
- Maintain building supplies and coordinate needed maintenance.
- Work and provide support to the Marketing team to ensure timely delivery of newsletter and external communication.
- Generate and maintain all client invoices for current contracts, ensuring staff are properly tracking billable hours.
Client experience and creative strategy (25% daily task):
- Manage the company “Hello” e-mail, website inquiries, and scheduling client outreach activities.
- Provide support and ensure CEO conducts business development and proposals are sent out in a timely manner after introductions.
- Provide strategic oversight and communication with Workplace Change marketing consultants, alongside internal communications ensuring timely communications with key constituents.
- Plan and execute Workplace Change events, ensuring they are welcoming and reflective of the Workplace Change brand.
- Provide strategic, administrative, and other supports to ensure the proper implementation of all Workplace Change sponsored events.
- Other duties and stretch opportunities to become a stronger HR/DEI professional.
- The ideal candidate has served as an Executive Assistant or in an administrative and organizational support capacity.
- The ideal candidate brings strong verbal, and written abilities as well as a passion for structure and details.
- The ideal candidate is structured, timely, and brings project management abilities.
- The ideal candidate brings excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and consultant management abilities.
- The ideal candidate has interest in small business development and growth.
- The ideal candidate has excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and is details oriented.
- The ideal candidate brings strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3/5 years of work experience as administrative assistant or in a professional administrative capacity.
- Brings experience with or is a quick learner of HR software, HRIS or HRMS.
- MAC computer literate and has experience with MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant field or equivalent years’ experience to supplement education.
About Workplace Change:
Workplace Change, LLC is a bold Human Resource management firm that understands the business and human imperative for DE&I. We are a firm that focuses on more than HR infrastructure and risk mitigation; we focus on people and culture. Our work merges HR research and philosophies with practical life experience and context from employees, middle managers, and executives alike to design optimal work environments, while doing the least harm along the way. We are grounded in HR fundamentals, as we are all HR practitioners and executives, but overtime we have honed our ability to see the intersectionality of the human experience in the workplace, and that is what makes us unique.
At Workplace Change, we are clear about our value and mandate: we embed diversity and inclusion tenets in all that we do. We help companies establish meaningful and measurable change as quickly as your ecosystems can metabolize the shifts. Everything we do acknowledges the experiences of the workforce and their needs, while balancing the responsibilities of HR.
We accomplish this by using a human-centered approach to finding workplace solutions that consider people's backgrounds, our collective understanding of culture, and varying social realities. As a result, our clients rely on us to strengthen their workplace by providing meaningful, intentional, and innovative Human Resources strategies and approaches.
Our interdisciplinary expertise combined with our Human Resources dexterity enables us to create custom solutions and strategies that supply our clients with the best work environments & modernized HR practices.
The following are paid holidays at Workplace Change: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, the entire week that houses Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Workplace Change is closed Christmas through New Year’s Day. And in addition to the paid holidays, you are entitled to 15 days of paid time off (“PTO”), prorated in the year of hire based on your date of hire.
Workplace Change also provides dental, health, retirement and other benefits.
This position also qualifies for a yearly bonus.