is currently seeking an intern for the USAID-funded Generate Results within Our Work and Thought Leadership (GROWTH) project. GROWTH supports the Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) Center to strengthen the capacity of its staff to lead high quality learning events, facilitate information exchange, and broaden their technical influence as thought leaders in the DRG community. This position will support the planning of the annual DRG Conference planned for November 2023, update data in communication platforms such as Constant Contact, coordinate producer requests and provide overall technical and programmatic support for the conference in addition to other project activities (i.e. retreats, strategic meetings, policy consultations, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have strong event management skills, attention to detail, a positive attitude, a demonstrated passion to support learning and organizational excellence, and/or interest in democracy, human rights, and governance.
The internship duration is from August to Decemeber 2023. The position is hybrid with opportunities to attend in person events, and the intern will be required to work 25-40 hours per week.Experience And Skills
Essential functions include:
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program or be a recent graduate thereof. All majors welcome.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Past customer service or office experience, a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Office 365 and the Microsoft Office suite
- Proofreading and copyediting experience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Event support and coordination experience
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with technology, willing to learning new technology
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Opportunity to work in a team environment with individuals passionate about their roles
- Hands-on experience in various ongoing projects.
- Insight into working at a professional services firm and learning about what a career in consulting might entail
- The candidate will be notified ahead of time when their on-site presence is required.
- Work closely with the GROWTH Project Management Team to coordinate, schedule and prepare for team meetings including the 2023 DRG Conference.
- Support the GROWTH team and the Communications team with preparations for the 2023 DRG Conference.
- Work closely with Project Assistant to coordinate producer requests for project activities.
- Support Activity Managers for all DRG requests such as updating Constant Contact lists for events and trainings, scheduling meetings with consultants and taking notes.
- Provide technical support for activities and the 2023 DRG Conference, including drafting newsletter articles, as needed.
- Respond to communications from supervisor and colleagues in a timely manner.
- Support knowledge management and close out activities
- As time and interest permit, develop deliverables in one or more of the following categories: Technology enhanced learning (may include supporting the platform build for the DRG conference or creating internal webinar production guideline/checklist) and administration/personnel coordination (may include facilitating a weekly team meeting or Knowledge Byte team learning session, or creating a Trello Board)
- Independently initiate activities
- Respond to communications from supervisor and colleagues in a timely manner
- Check-in with colleagues and supervisor with any questions or concerns
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the online application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision