Applicant must reside in San Diego County
The County of San Diego Black Chamber of Commerce (CSDBCC) is hiring a Marketing Coordinator!
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience creating and implementing marketing, advertising, branding, and PR strategies for an organization. We are looking for someone who can successfully juggle multiple competing projects with tight deadlines and that has a passion for our nonprofit mission.
At the CSDBCC we champion equity, inclusion, access and work closely with government organizations to ensure San Diego’s Black voice is heard.
Our Mission is to create generational wealth through business enterprise, education,employment, and investment. Our social impact focuses on:
● Closing the economic and educational gap
● Fostering greater financial autonomy
● Increasing college and high school graduation rates
● Increasing participation in community impact and involvement
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Create all traditional and digital marketing materials, campaigns and external communications.
- Create engaging marketing campaigns to ensure high attendance at our events.
- Grow social media following and engagement.
- Constantly keep audience engaged with CSDBCC news, success stories and testimonials through SM, newsletter, email campaigns and website.
- Promote community awareness of the Chamber's mission.
- Promote and market CSDBCC activities and programs to keep our members informed, engaged, and empowered to support our mission.
- Coordinate marketing strategies and tactics (including content calendar, social media, email)
- Track and report metrics.
- Identify media opportunities and write press releases.
- Cultivate relationships with local media figures.
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging.
- Collaborate with team members to continually produce content for website, social media, email, and other channels.
- Regularly report on KPI’s performance, including suggesting enhancements and recommendations that further drive efficiencies on multiple platforms such as Google Analytics, Social Media, Newsletter.
- Manage and cultivate a team of marketing interns/volunteers to support our social media and marketing efforts.
- Sophisticated understanding of data analysis, reporting.
- Professional experience with Google Suite.
- Excellent Copywriter.
- Killer communicator capable of engaging with all types of audiences, from corporate executives to local entrepreneurs.
- Self-directed enough to work successfully and comfortably in a remote setting, but team-oriented enough to communicate needs and outcomes regarding programming to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Solid understanding of marketing user experience principles.
- Experience working with content management systems, social scheduling and email marketing platforms.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload, often requiring rapid turnaround times.
- WP experience is a +
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary $25/hour
- $300 Monthly reimbursement to help cover medical insurance premiums
- Flexible Work Hours
- Hybrid Work Model
- 3 Weeks paid vacation per year and an extra day per year worked
- 10 paid public holidays per year
- Most importantly of all, you will be a key part of our mission to create generational wealth in Black and other underrepresented communities!