We are assisting our client with their search for contract-to-hire Sr. IT Analyst to drive consistent utilization of standard Project and Program management practices across IT as a member of the IT Portfolio Management Office (PMO).
You will play a critical role in aligning and supporting the IT Project/Program Management community by designing & governing standards, processes, tools, and templates for IT project/program management and facilitating the IT PM Community of Practice (COP), including training curriculum/events and communications. If you are passionate about Project Management and love to help others succeed this could be a great role for you!
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness in delivering IT projects and programs through consistent utilization of standard PM methodologies and practices across IT.
- Create and maintain scalable PM standards, methods, processes, tools, & templates.
- Establish and facilitate PM community of practice (e.g. publish monthly newsletter, conduct office hours, develop training curriculum, and conduct training events). Provide support, training, and education to PMO Program Managers, Project Managers, and IT Resource Managers in support of PMO process.
- Drive continuous improvement of PMO standards, tools, and templates in alignment with industry best practices. Engage in efforts to simplify process and improve workflow through automation, elimination, or consolidation.
- Help align and support the global project management community by facilitating appropriate communications, organizational change management, and ensuring process documentation and training materials are readily available.
- Contribute to project success by performing project health checks, inspection of project artifacts, and Gate deliverables.
- Assist project teams with diagnosing troubled projects and developing go to green plans.
- Serve in a project manager role on small projects and drive PMO roadmap initiatives.
- Champion and support the PMO project lifecycle process and methodology, provide training and education to ensure adherence to current process and standards.
- Partner with the finance team to provide project financial planning support and coordination across the IT project portfolio (e.g., annual planning, monthly tracking, quarterly forecasts).
- Assist in the development of measures and metrics to govern portfolio performance and financial stewardship.
- Assists in conducting internal and external benchmarking to identify best practices and keep abreast of PMO industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Project Management Certification (PMP, PgMP, Agile, etc) preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in related IT discipline required.
- Proven ability and prior success leading IT projects required.
- Experience with both waterfall and agile practices required.
- Proficiency with Project Management tools is required (e.g MS Project, Azure DevOps, Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and application of alternative training delivery channels including but not limited to the company’s intranet, e-Learning, CBT, and self-study packages and toolkits preferred.
- Possesses the important leadership and interpersonal skills required to effectively bring a team together to achieve a common goal.
- Highly skilled at breaking down complex problems with simplicity while understanding interdependencies and cross team impacts.
- Thinks long-term, balances conflicting interests, and converges on outcomes that earn trust.
- Builds effective and productive working relationships with team members, customers, and vendors.
- Exceptional advisory, influencing and facilitating skills in working with stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Working knowledge of and practical working experience with Project Management and SDLC methodologies (waterfall, agile, hybrid) and experience applying industry practices when creating company standard processes and procedures.
- Proficient in process development and improvement practices.
- Skilled and experienced in training, teaching, coaching, and guiding IT staff in various project management techniques and methods.
- Knowledge and experience with designing and developing training curriculums.
- Skilled at producing executive-level reports and/or training material using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- The ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to changes in the work environment, including the ability to effectively apply past learning to new situations.
- Judgment and critical thinking skills to evaluate information, identify key issues, and make effective decisions that align with the company objectives and procedures.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to proactively identify areas for improvement, adapt quickly to changing circumstances, able to thrive under minimal direction, and take ownership of their own professional development.
Duration - 6 Months contract-to-hire
Compensation - Anticipated hourly pay range: $45.00 - $55.00 per hour DOE.
Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401K + match, and working with a great company!
Location - Seattle, WA - Hybrid
**Local Candidates Only Please**
** Visa sponsorship is not available**
**Must be able to pass a 5-panel drug test**
Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.