Our University client in Boston is looking for an Project Manager. This is a Contract On-site role with the potential for a hybrid opportunity.
The African Studies Center at one of the Public Policy divisions of a Boston-based university is seeking a Project Coordinator. The individual will report directly to the Director of the Center and work closely with the Director Finance and Administration of the School. The Project Coordinator will also provide support and coordination of a variety of administrative and business activities requiring independent judgment, and knowledge of the public policy division.
Primary responsibilities of the Project Coordinator include (but are not limited to):
- Reconciling expenses and reimbursements in Concur related to all activities of the Center.
- Managing the logistics of the Center’s events, including coordinating travel, accommodations, honoraria, tax forms, and media release forms as relevant for the Seminar Speaker series.
- Setup and manage conference room and zoom tech for the seminars and other events.
- Process new hires in the Business Link.
- Purchase all necessary supplies for the Center using our BU Purchasing system (ARIBA).
- Coordinate academic offerings for fall and spring with the language professors, schedule the courses in UIS, and using 25Live secure the location of the courses, update Google calendars and manage any changes to the schedule.
- Promote events and manage social media accounts.
- Process all payments required using ARIBA and the Disbursement systems.
- Support the coordination of visiting scholars and research affiliates appointments in compliance with the University policy.
- Support the Director of Language Professors in completing the hiring and reappointment forms for Part – time language faculty.
- Support the Director of Finance in preparing all financial reports related to the Title VI reporting.
- Managing weekly/monthly newsletter.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong work ethic, detail-oriented multi-tasker able to prioritize work responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate on a cross-functional team.
*This is an in-person/on-premises role with the occasional opportunity for remote work, upon consideration of the impact on business operations