About Helena Wasserman
As seen in Money FM, Yahoo News, Tech in Asia and Forbes - Helena Wasserman is an entrepreneur, a climate angel investor (Portfolio of 10+ climate startups and funds), a speaker (global engagement with companies such as Pictet Private Bank), she is also the co-founder of Investors for Climate, event series for investors designed to harness private capital into climate initiatives. Passionate about solving old problems in new creative ways by getting people to think outside the box to create a low carbon world. The New School and London School of Economics graduate. Elected Founder of the Future, Forbes 30 under 30 and one of the 50 most inspirational woman in technology in Europe. She sits on the advisory board of Future of Cities and am a mentor at MINT (MBA Impact Investing Network & Training) co-produced by Bridges Impact Foundation and the Wharton Social Impact Initiative.
Today she is on a mission to accelerate the transition to impact and sustainability as the default way of investing and building companies. Learn more about Helena on her website here.
About the role
This is an unpaid internship.
The role is hybrid. It will include two days a week of working in person in the NYC office. The rest can be done remotely from NYC. This is a 6 months part time role that can be done during your studies. For the right candidate there is the possibility of extension. Helena is looking for an intern to support her with content creation and production. Media channels are her bi-weekly newsletter, Instagram, Linkedin and launching Tik Tok. See her Linked profile, Instagram profile as well as Linkedin newsletter available on her Linkedin profile. The role includes and is not limited to the following:
- In collaboration with Helena, develop the overall social media content strategy for the Helena Wasserman brand, including content, social activation and storytelling framework
- Work closely with Helena to develop social content and campaigns for all digital and social networks
- Project manage deadlines and coordinate with Helena on video production schedules
- Able to come up with creative content ideas to shoot videos for Instagram, Tik Tok and Linkedin
- Create briefs for social media content — plan creative execution for each post, as relevant to each social channel.
- Create educational social first videos yourself
- Write copy and captions for newsletter, linkedin post and instagram posts.
- Launch Tik tok channel for the Helena Wasserman brand.
- Benchmark content best practices and identify industry/network trends to participate in for Instagram and Tik Tok.
- Deliver monthly and quarterly reports on pre-defined KPIs / Analyzes and monitors owned performances
- Define and set dashboards to report our performances
- Draws insights from our actual and target audiences reactions on social media to evaluate the strategy efficiency
- A student enrolled in an undergraduate degree in either media or communication from a recognized university in NYC
- 1 years of experience as a content creator on Instagram, Linkedin as well as experience writing punchy copy
- 1 years of experience as video production and editing
- You love social media and have a sound knowledge of social trends, analytics, best practices, and paid media possibilities.
- Hungry for success and not scared to work hard to get there.
- You have high standards for anything you put out in the world. You might not know everything but you are keen to learn what you don’t.
- You always hit your deadlines. You are coachable.
- You want to use this internship as a stepping stone for something bigger. Maybe you want to be an entrepreneur one day as well, maybe you want to work for a company - what is sure is that you are ambitious and you want to go big in life.
- You want to learn more about climate solutions and sustainability
- You are passionate, confident and self sufficient
- You have high attention to detail
- You are able to film interview as well as speaking engagements
- You are able to edit video using cap cut or other software to make it shareable on Instagram
- You are comfortable using Chat GPT to identify snappy content ideas for Linkedin, Instagram and Tik Tok
- You speak fluent English
What we offer/Perks
- Free lunch twice a week (when in the office)
- Working closely with climate investor, speaker and leader Helena Wasserman
- Hybrid working with an average of 2 days per week in the office
- Access to climate related private events such as Climate Week NYC in September, Investors for Climate, Soho House private events and more
- Access to a highly influential network of climate tech employers, leaders and investors
- 1h a week “Ask me anything” career coaching with Helena.
- Please note as mentioned above the internship isn’t paid, instead you will get the perks mentioned above.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and one page cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the role and why you want to work with Helena Wasserman. Email firstname.lastname@example.org