Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing, and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 12 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 300 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. Baby2Baby is reaching one million children annually across all 50 states.
Reporting to the CMO, the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications is responsible for strengthening the Baby2Baby brand and advancing its mission through strategic marketing and public relations initiatives. This individual will support the CMO on all external marketing and communication materials with a goal of maximizing national awareness for Baby2Baby’s work and connecting with new donors.
The ideal candidate will be an expert writer and innovative marketing professional who has successfully contributed to a wide range of deliverables including digital asset creation, printed collateral, video projects, newsletters, creative campaign ideation and publicity campaigns.
The Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting and is currently in office or on site 3 – 5 days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports CMO in executing a comprehensive strategic marketing & communications plan to strengthen and advance Baby2Baby’s brand and mission.
- Creates new and innovative collateral to describe the organization’s work and shares new developments in a way that is compelling and relevant to priority audiences.
- Develops and maintains marketing and communication materials including website, newsletter, social media, decks, one sheets and all Baby2Baby collateral.
- Contributes to PR efforts for annual Gala and year-round and liaises with external PR agency.
- Supports the creation of presentations, speeches, talking points and press messages for leadership team.
- Collaborates with Social Media Director on social media campaigns.
- Liaises with third party agencies and vendors including graphic design, web development, digital ad agency etc.
- Ensures all of the organization’s visual and written communications are on brand.
- Manages photoshoots and filming projects.
- Develops and fosters strong working relationships across the organization to achieve organization goals and priorities.
- Monitors analytics across all digital marketing efforts to optimize performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 6 years prior marketing, communications and/or public relations experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, etc.
- Strong leadership qualities and experience managing a team; embraces collaboration within and across teams.
- Knowledge of current marketing and communication principles and strategies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking, organization and time management skills and a self-starter mentality.
- Experience working with senior leadership and executive teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience communicating with high-profile clients / celebrities / VIPs.
- Effective project management skills.
- Experience working with ad agencies and external vendors.
- A creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of Adobe creative platforms including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is not required but is a major plus.
Baby2Baby is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. We have made diverse thinking a priority in order to keep our organization in touch with the needs of families in our program and to help hold us accountable to those we serve. Our organization strives for diversity, from the children we serve to our board and staff, not only in race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and religion but also in cultural background and life experiences.
This role's salary range is 65,000 - 95,000.
Please email your resume to email@example.com using the job title as the subject line.