The FT has an uncompromising mission: delivering independent, quality information, news and services to individuals and companies around the globe. It’s the cornerstone of our reputation and the heart of our ambitions for the future. But for our people, the FT offers so much more than what we do. FT people come from all kinds of backgrounds and work across a huge range of disciplines and locations, and find an empowering, warm and welcoming culture that values curiosity and rewards smart, ambitious thinking. Those who are willing to unite around our mission and live our values will find plenty to challenge, inspire and interest them. Like the audiences we serve, no two FT people are the same; but together we help our audience be better informed and understand the world around them. It’s a job that’s never mattered more, and a career that can take you anywhere you want to go.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
At the FT, we aim for employees across all regions to have a voice so that diverse perspectives are heard and valued. We believe that a supportive workplace is one where employees feel they can be themselves at work and have the flexibility they need to meet their personal needs. We'll continue to remove barriers for all, and in particular barriers facing employees from underrepresented groups.
Financial Times Live (FT Live) is the conferences and events division of the Financial Times newspaper and its group publications. Our mission is to bring our global executive audiences the very latest in knowledge and opinion, and connect them to one another.
Chaired by senior FT journalists, the 200-plus core events, strategic forums and digital webinars organised by FT Live every year gather pre-eminent public and private sector decision-makers, visionaries and strategists from the world’s most important economies and industries for agenda-setting debates that cover the key issues of our time.
From unique experiences such as the FTWeekend Festival to our senior-level business summits such as the award winning Global Boardroom, FT Live has become one of the FT Group’s most successful and fastest-growing divisions, and is at the forefront of the FT’s accelerated development as an essential, interactive information source across numerous platforms.
FT Specialist is the B2B information division of the FT. Comprising 17 brands it provides niche audience groups with information that helps them make better decisions and operate more effectively. Amongst the industry leading brands with huge scope for growth and development: The Banker, Investor Chronicle, FDI, Fund Fire, Ignites, Pensions Expert.
The Role / Position Overview
Are you an enthusiastic and proactive individual eager to support our marketing team? This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to develop their marketing skills in a busy events team within one of the biggest brands in the world.
You will be an organised person, have good attention to detail, administrative flair, and show a demonstrable interest in marketing. Within the role you will utilise all disciplines of marketing and communications, report to the Senior Marketing Manager and will work closely with other members of the events team, assisting them, when required.
You will be expected to support the team, but we also see this as a developmental role and you will be given responsibility for your own areas of work.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the event websites
- Assisting in producing promotional and retention email campaigns
- Producing creative assets (banners, media packs, speaker tiles, etc)
- Monitoring and evaluation of our marketing activity, using Google Analytics and other packages and regularly recording campaign results
- Producing regular high-quality content, including social media posts, surveys, post-event reports and presentations as part of marketing campaign delivery
- Providing support to the Marketing Managers on the day of an event and in the immediate lead up to and after an event
- Assisting with media partnerships admin and fulfilment
- Assisting with sponsorship deliverables admin and fulfilment
- Updating and managing the internal advert, email and newsletter calendars
- Support with other marketing projects and ongoing campaign activity
Required Skills / Experience
- Project management, copywriting and administration skills.
- Should be keen to further develop their marketing expertise, commercial acumen, and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge in marketing or content-related subject is desirable.
- Proactive, can-do attitude and a good sense of humour.
- Organised, professional and resilient.
- IT literacy – knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential for producing reports, schedules and presentations.
What’s in it for you? Our Benefits
Our benefits vary depending on location, but we are committed to providing best in class perks across all our offices as well as an inclusive environment to develop your career. Examples of our benefits include; generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships and Giving Back opportunities. Full details of our benefits can be found here.
The FT is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all. We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We also promote flexible working and will consider specific requests around flexibility for all roles where it can be accommodated. Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application process or to enable you to attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be happy to help.