Local Foreigner is a boutique consultancy specializing in high-end curated travel. From the bespoke to the basic, we guide our clients on everything from a weekend in Paris to an expedition to Patagonia. Our mission is to serve as trusted tastemakers who curate authentic experiences and connect discerning travelers with passionate locals. The Local Foreigner brand represents a warm, worldly sophistication with curator’s keen attention detail, and we believe it is crucial for everyone behind the brand to represent these qualities. As Local Foreigner is a small business in early phase development, it is crucial for this candidate to be a team player and willing to provide support in all areas of the business. At the same time, we seek a dynamic candidate with excellent growth potential who finds fulfillment in building a business and evolves with our company over the long term.
We seek an experienced Marketing Coordinator to join our team. The Marketing Coordinator will create and manage all aspects of The Local Foreigner’s external content. We’re looking for a tech-savvy, clever, creative writer with a strong voice who has a passion for travel, culture, and food. It is crucial this candidate is eager to take ownership of this realm, with the ability to problem-solve and work independently with a creative spirit for continuous growth.
The Marketing Coordinator will manage and elevate Local Foreigner’s blog and social media. Boundless creativity and maximum flexibility are required to successfully plan, manage, and execute Local Foreigner’s content calendar, which includes weekly social media posts, monthly blog updates, and quarterly newsletter campaigns. In addition, the Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for creating client-facing marketing materials and partnership pitch materials. The Marketing Coordinator will be the lead on brand partnership opportunities, overseeing pitches and executing (paid and unpaid) campaigns.
The Marketing Coordinator must have a minimum of three years of marketing experience within luxury travel or another relevant luxury industry. The ideal candidate will have first-hand, well-rounded knowledge of the luxury travel industry including top properties, experiences, and destinations. The candidate will have a proven track record of creating engaging social media and editorial blog posts. The ideal candidate has a penchant for adventure, an eye for style and design, and can easily conceptualize ideas and execute upon these concepts.
Our team seeks a like-minded addition who is an organized multi-tasker, extremely detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to excel in a fast-paced forward-thinking environment. This candidate shares our passion and belief that travel is a source of inspiration, renewal, and joy.
- Create, manage, and execute the editorial content calendar for The Local Foreigner’s Instagram and blog.
- Define a cohesive social media strategy inclusive of brand-driving and sales-driving initiatives.
- Curate, design, build and send The Local Foreigner’s quarterly newsletter for both the internal and affiliate team.
- Maintain company website, ensuring all content featured is accurate and representative of The Local Foreigner brand.
- Build and drive The Local Foreigner’s brand presence with focus on evolving media.
- Write external facing content including collaborating with the sales team to create client-facing marketing materials and other ad-hoc projects.
- Develop a deep understanding of The Local Foreigner’s customer and social audiences and master the brand voice to convey key messages across channels.
- Stay abreast of travel industry developments and new openings, identifying marketing opportunities.
- Liaise with and nurture relationships with industry partners, developing, strategizing, pitching, and executing on paid marketing campaigns.
- Maintain an understanding of multiplatform landscape, digital trends, evolving functionality and behaviors on social platforms.
- Measure external content performance, sharing insights with key stakeholders monthly.
- Participate in idea generation, strategy, and project implementation to support Local Foreigner’s cautious and deliberate growth.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in digital journalism and social media, luxury travel-industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native-level English is essential.
- A witty, bold, and sharp voice.
- Strong judgment about visuals and photography, the person friends always turn to take or edit an iPhone picture.
- Adept at all forms of writing – you have no trouble transitioning from long-form narratives to pithy, Instagram captions.
- A trusted tastemaker, who saves cool social content you see online into a folder for future inspiration.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team with excellent self-management and organizational skills.
- Tech-savvy enjoys leveraging technology to problem-solve and streamline work.
- Advance knowledge of Instagram, MailChimp and Squarespace required. Additionally, excellent Microsoft Office skills are essential, with preference given to candidates with Salesforce and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Ability to review, revise and self-edit your own work ensuring it is free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Flexible, able to toggle between projects and meetings and adapt to last-minute requests.
- Attend events as needed, both during and after traditional work hours.
- Compensation for this position may range based on experience and qualifications.
- Employee medical, dental & vision benefits
- Retirement & Profit-Sharing Plan (401k)
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, 10 annual holidays, 4 religious floating holidays
- Training & Development