We all know of the beloved honey bee, but did you know that solitary bees, like mason and leafcutter bees, pollinate at a much higher rate? At Crown Bees, our vision is simple: to increase awareness of bee diversity and help people increase pollination and food production with responsibly managed solitary bees. And over the years, we've become the industry leader in solitary beekeeping.
Our success can be attributed to our partnerships with beekeepers, researchers, universities, and nonprofits to stay abreast of the current challenges facing our bee populations and to bring together the best practices for solving those challenges.
Education is fundamental to our business model. We aim to help people address food insecurity, sustainability, and solitary bee conservation through education and community programs, an evidence-based bee library, newsletters, and blogs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager position at Crown Bees! The M/C Manager will develop and execute plans and strategies to help build brand awareness and drive sales for Crown Bees' products and programs.
If you are self-motivated, and possess excellent attention to detail and communication skills, you would be a great fit for our team! As the M/C Manager, you will create and maintain a strong social media presence for our company, implement online marketing content to increase brand awareness, publish newsletters and blog posts, and build long-term customer and partner relationships.
We are a small team and each member plays a key role in the company. So, being comfortable with ambiguity, having the ability to manage projects effectively, maintaining relations with diverse stakeholders, and possessing the desire to work in a teamwork environment are must-haves.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, both internally across departments and externally across stakeholders and customers, to effectively communicate the Crown Bees' brand. This includes enhancing the perception of Crown Bees, increasing awareness of our mission and core values, ensuring transparency to external stakeholders, and driving revenue growth through brand strategy projects such as social media campaigns, web updates, and newsletter and blog posts.
- Create and execute a comprehensive communication strategy to establish Crown Bees as an industry leader and drive business results. This includes managing consumer and stakeholder perceptions, collecting and analyzing customer feedback, engaging with the community, and leveraging social media to increase subscribers, shares, likes, and referrals.
- Take responsibility for content editing, including the development, design, presentation, evaluation, and analysis of articles, website content, monthly newsletters, blog posts, and social media content.
- Act as a program manager for existing and future programs such as the Affiliate Program, Community Garden Program, Bee Buy Back Program, and Community and Educational Programming. Articulate program strategies and objectives, assess their alignment with Crown Bees' mission and core values, and evaluate their impact on business.
- Keep abreast of current environmental issues, research, trends, news, and innovative solutions, and develop plans to communicate findings to various stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Sustainability, Marketing, Business, Public Relations, or related field; or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing or communications.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, with the ability to craft compelling, concise, and persuasive email content that drives action and engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail and the ability to create clear and concise messaging and strategic plans for dynamic issues.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to convey complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics)
- Proficient, or willingness to learn, Adobe Create Suite key programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
A Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Knowledge of graphic design, photography, and videography, including creating and editing, is a plus, but not required.
- A strong understanding of sustainability initiatives and a passion for environmental responsibility.
- Ability to promote a positive image of the company, reinforce culture/values, and ensure consistency in overall company communications and standards.
- A team player with the ability to build relationships with individuals from different cultures, backgrounds, and industries.
- A self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, capable of taking the initiative and making things happen.
- Enthusiasm and passion for Crown Bees' mission and core values, striving to be socially and environmentally responsible.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations, tasks, and projects, with a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
The bonus of working for our small, mission-based company is that there is a lot of room to be creative, grow, and expand in this role! We are looking for someone to bring new ideas to the table to help us broaden our reach and expand our solitary bee pollination services across the country (and eventually, the world).