The National Law Review
Job Location (Remote) Colorado, Illinois
The National Law Review (NLR) publishes legal news from the nation's premier law firms, law schools, regulatory agencies, and our own journalists and we also cross-promote several legal and other professional events per month.
We are one of the highest-volume business law websites in the United States. We work with very large law firms, so you must have an incredible eye for detail and be a consummate professional. We're a website and you will be working with and possibly learning to lead a small team publishing group to format and promote contributed content on a daily basis and manage a weekly editorial schedule for a limited amount of original thought leadership. We publish all day, so we have some flexibility in scheduling but require a minimum of a three-day-a-week commitment (for part-time 25+ hours with scaled-down responsibilities) or we can do full-time salaried, with either role needing availability during core US business hours. The candidate will be learning how to publish legal news in a fast-paced environment, we require experience with SEO, social media, and creating formatting content for news websites.
Publishing Team - Website, Newsletter & Social Media Support
· Upload, format, and classify content and edit photos, videos, and webpages for SEO and clarity.
· Review and edit other team members’ original content for proper, Meta tagging and text and image formatting, legal and jurisdictional classification.
· Compose and manage social media posts to attract maximum exposure and conversion and engage and grow the NLR’s social media following.
· Be part of a rotating team that compiles, tests, and sends daily subject area newsletters.
· Work with other publishing team members to develop legal industry news
· updates and legal news and analysis.
· Work with other team members to further develop the website and add additional new features and products to enhance user experience and team workflow.
· Attend legal marketing, SEO, and publishing professional association events to grow knowledge of legal marketing and content marketing, and SEO best practices.
· Be diligent in checking workflow, managing, and communicating priorities on special projects in a multi-tasking environment.
· Use and improve personal understanding of Google Search Console, MOZ, SEMrush, and other similar tools for checking website health and SEO.
The Impact You’ll Have:
You’ll learn leading-edge publishing, SEO, and social media skills and we are looking to improve our processes based on your experience at other publications. We always hire with an eye for advancement, each member of our publishing and web management team is trained in a
publishing support role to advance to a web manager and we’re looking to enhance our editorial leadership.
Who You Are:
· Organized, self-motivated, decisive, and positive. Proactive communication skills with both team members and clients.
· Familiar with law firms, and professional services companies, and business law and legislative news.
· The capacity to manage multiple concurrent projects and work well under pressure, adapt quickly to changing requests, work independently, have pride in your work and get along and mentor others, as needed.
· Have demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office, GSuite, Zoom, Slack photo editing software, and bulk emailing and CRM systems, preferably HubSpot.
· Have a working knowledge of on-page and off-page SEO best practices, SEMrush, MOZ, dlvr.it and experience with WordPress and Drupal.
· Earned an undergraduate or advanced degree, preferably in journalism, media studies, law, or marketing.
Job Type: Part-time or Full Time (25+ hours a week
only) / During Core Business Hours Monday to Friday (after
initial training there may be some rotating weekend and holiday hours as
we publish 365 days a year, but
the time commitment is very limited on weekends and holidays)
Benefits for 25+ hours per week+:
· Competitive hourly rate or salaried position.
· Sick Leave + PTO Program
· QSEHRA (Qualified Small Employer Health
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer.
Please note, we have operations in Illinois and Colorado, and even with remote work we need to consider withholding and other issues.