About The Company
William S. Hein Co., & Inc., is a publishing company that proudly serves over 3,500 institutions in more than 150 countries. For decades, we have been dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and innovative solutions to the legal and general academic communities. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our marquee product, HeinOnline, the largest image-based legal research database in the world.
HeinOnline offers more than 100 databases and over 200 million pages of content, making it the ultimate resource for legal professionals, scholars, and researchers. With its comprehensive collection of law journals, government publications, international treaties, case law, and more, HeinOnline empowers users to access unparalleled insights and conduct in-depth research with ease.Employee Benefits
Here is a snapshot of the benefits offered to our employees:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan (typically 12-15%)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (up to 100% paid for)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule Options
- In-house chef that prepares breakfast, lunch, and take-home dinners
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Committees to Join (DE&I, Events, Newsletter, etc.)
- Complementary Bus Pass
- And many, many more listed on the Career page of our website
As a member of our team at HeinOnline you will be involved in the entire digitization process of new content for our research database.Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Entering new and updating bibliographic information into our database
- Communicating with outside parties to request copies of new content and on returning any borrowed content
- Maintaining the records for the various content as it flows throughout facility
- Reviewing copyright on new titles to ensure we are permitted to host the new materials
- Operating various scanners to digitize books and other content
- Performing quality checks on scanned materials and taking action to improve any poor-quality images
- Tagging where the breaks (ex: chapter start/end) occur in each title
- Entering additional information such as pagination, citations, division titles, articles, notes, authors, etc.
- Performing a final quality check on image quality, the data that has been entered, and the tags that have been applied
Desired Skills, Abilities, & Interests:
Education & Experience
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 words per minute
- An affinity towards routine and repetitive work.
- A desire to learn and work in multiple departments/tasks
Other Position Information
- High School Diploma or achievement of GED/HS Equivalency within 6-months of hire
- Working in an office setting performing data entry tasks is helpful, but not required.
Monday – Friday
7:30am to 4:00pmSalary
$17.50 to $18.50An Equal Opportunity for All
At William S. Hein & Co., Inc., we believe that diversity is what makes us stronger—in the workplace, and in the world. So, our mission is simple: to create an inclusive space where everyone feels valued and has an equal opportunity to succeed. If you have skills, passion, and a desire to make a difference, we want you on our team.
Additionally, we understand that each person has unique needs, so let us know how we can best support you during the interview process and beyond. We are committed to ensuring that each member of our team has an equal opportunity to thrive within our organization.
Compensation: From $17.50 to $18.50 per hour