Since 1945, EBONY has celebrated and chronicled Black excellence and leadership worldwide. In January 2021, the iconic brand was relaunched under new ownership as EBONY Media Group, a diversified multi-platform media company. This is an exciting chapter for the beloved brand, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic candidates to join our close-knit, highly collaborative team. We’re calling all innovators and creators who want to be part of the legacy by helping shape EBONY’s future!
The Role: The Social Leader will report directly to the EVP (Executive Vice President), Digital. We are looking for someone who understands how to create quality social content for multiple social media platforms that is a master at storytelling in real time and on-demand formats.
This person should have a thorough understanding of all social media platforms and a deep understanding of the nuances between them and how these impact audience trends and engagement. The social leader must have experience growing social media followers and reach through engaging content and community management tactics. This individual must have experience conceiving and creating branded social content and managing workflows and communication with clients for approvals and results.
The Social Leader must be capable of leading and mentoring other digital content creators. We are looking for a leader with excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that they are delivered on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a creative thinker with a passion for exploring new digital trends and technologies. They should be excellent communicators, able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. They should demonstrate a commitment to delivering exceptional digital experiences that delight users and drive business results.RESPONSIBILITIES (include, But Are Not Limited To)
- Oversee the daily social media schedule for all @Ebony handles across platforms.
- Develop social strategy for brand tentpole moments.
- Create original social content franchises that represent Ebony voice and values across primary social platforms.
- Approve all social content for publish across platforms.
- Work with the Digital Content Leader and Team to create conversation around exclusive Ebony content.
- Work with marketing team to execute brand campaigns across social platforms.
- Lead team of social producers in creating coverage plans for events, covered live or remote.
- Work directly with social media platforms and partners to develop social campaigns that drive overall brand goals.
- Provide influential leadership to a dynamic group of digital content creators.
- Stay on top of the latest industry trends to optimize the reach and engagement of all the company digital content.
- Harness innovative technology and emerging platforms to grow the company’s global social media footprint, the organic traffic to the company .com and drive newsletter subscriptions.
- Drive collaboration, ensuring internal stakeholders are appropriately informed of upcoming content initiatives and necessary external partners are engaged in all efforts.
- Incorporate insights and analytics for the company’s site and social platforms into your decision-making and benchmark all content against visible metrics for competitors.
- Deliver concise, thoughtful reports to leadership on the performance of the company’s content across platforms.
- Actively manage and react to online social sentiment, amplifying and promoting social growth.
- Develop and implement engaging and high performing cost-effective collateral to be used for social media content, promoting brand narrative, and legacy.
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to create engaging social forward copywriting for use across platforms, including newsletters and digital marketing.
- Develop and implement social content and communication plan.
- Manage all social planning and project management of social agencies and day-to-day operations related to social strategy and execution.
- Leverage and build key partnerships to support social media plans, communicate messaging, drive growth, and engage customers.
- Create and manage standardized social and communication processes, including operating procedures and quality assurance.
- Determine best practices for oversight of social strategy development, planning and project management, including evaluation and implementation of process changes, as necessary.
- Oversee integrated social communication to internal stakeholders, including process updates and changes ensuring understanding and support across the organization.
- Maintain a deep understanding of social media platforms, digital forecast, and trends, utilizing research and data-based approach to identify key social messages and audiences, and work consistently to form and amplify a consistent brand narrative and aesthetic according to brand tone of voice and vision.
- Provide leadership and set current and long-term goals for internal teams and external social agencies.
- Strategize and focus on elevating the brand’s public perception and reputation through a social centric lens.
- Monitor, review and report on all social activity and results, alongside management of external agencies across social.
- Minimum of 4-5 years managing social media campaigns, preferably within the media, television, or entertainment industry.
- A deep understanding of all existing and emerging social media platforms
- Experienced user of popular social publishing, reporting and listening tools.
- Prior experience working with digital and social media management tools such as Sprinklr, Slack, Teams, etc.
- Strong ability to multitask and manage several projects.
- Must be able to travel and work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- A deep understanding of all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Musical.ly and YouTube (and other emerging platforms).
- Technical knowledge directing and troubleshooting live event productions for broadcast and live streams.
- Experienced user of popular social publishing, reporting, and listening tools.
- Prior experience working with digital and social media marketing tools such as Sprinklr, Trello, Basecamp, Slack, and other social and digital applications.
- Strong ability to multitask and manage several projects.
- Must be able to travel and work flexible hours including nights and weekends.