Social Media, Creative Content & Communications Lead
The Social Media, Creative Content & Communications Lead is responsible for cultivating, substantially growing and managing a vibrant media presence, particularly social, for MovementForward, Inc. (MFI), especially its signature programs “National Faith & Blue Weekend” (Faith & Blue)the “One Congregation One Precinct“ (OneCOP) initiative, and the Professionalizing Law Enforcement Community Engagement Training (PLECET) National Conference. The Social Media, Creative Content & Communications Lead is a social-platform and content-strategy expert, understanding the current state of social media – as well as where digital-culture is headed. This person produces and helps deliver creative marketing that elevates MovementForward Inc.’s brand and business across multiple social platforms. This position will create and curate original content (videos, graphics, blogs, podcasts, etc.) and will also collaborate with external communications venders to pitch to traditional media outlets. This dynamic professional will effectively serve as press secretary and social media manager to the organization and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
MovementForward, Inc. (MFI) is a modern, inclusive social change organization working to protect, promote, and advance the human & civil rights of all people. We are building a multiracial, multifaceted, and intergenerational movement for social justice, economic parity, educational equity, racial reconciliation, and global peace by bringing diverse people together to solve problems in innovative, inclusive, and solution-driven ways. Founded in 2015 by emerging faith leaders in Atlanta, MFI provides this generation of Americans a conciliatory voice to offer programs, projects, activism, empowerment opportunities, and targeted issue campaigns to advocate for one standard of justice regardless of race, class, gender, religion, or orientation.
Our mission is to further the work of building the "Beloved Community" envisioned by the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. via another generation of change agents who are committed to a peaceful, nonviolent practice of social activism. MFI’s goal is to engage people of every race, class, professional sector, and ideology in the continuing struggle for social justice, peace, and equality.
Content Creation and Design/Social and Digital Media Management (50%)
- Build and execute/publish a robust social media presence by creating and posting consistent, high-quality content including, but not limited to, video, graphics, blogs, photographs, and e-newsletters.
- Set and reach quantitative goals across all digital and social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok.
- Set and reach quantitative goals in website traffic, online donations, and e-newsletter sign-ups.
- Collaborate with social media managers of organizational partners to amplify MFI’s social media presence.
- Working closely with the CEO to expand the reach of his digital/traditional media presence; directly producing content under his name; as necessary, traveling with the CEO to manage his digital assets.
Traditional Media (10%)
- In collaboration with MFI’s external PR firm, coordinate with contacts in all forms of media, including newspaper, television, radio, and magazines regionally and nationally.
- Coordinate directly and in collaboration with PR firm, coverage of ‘traditional’ media efforts including advisories, press kits, press releases, opinion-editorials, and press conferences.
- Manage press clippings and monitor media attention.
- Serve as emergency on-call media contact after hours and on weekends in case of rapid response needs.
- Establishing and assuming responsibility for realizing quantitative goals in performance across all media channels, with a focus on selected target segments.
- In collaboration with the external PR firm, develop and implement a public relations plan (traditional and social) for the organization and organizational initiatives, including implementing and tracking PR efforts.
- Support print and digital publications, including organizational and initiative annual reports, brochures, fact sheets, invitations, and newsletters.
- Directly lead and facilitate in-house broadcast productions, including webinars, virtual meetings, and virtual forums.
- Collaborate closely with web developer, desktop publishing, public relations, and other vendors when utilized.
- Plan and implement press events around our initiatives, ongoing programs, and special events.
- Directly support and assume responsibilities as needed in organizational initiatives beyond communications responsibilities.
- Directly organizing, supporting, and cultivating local law enforcement, community, and faith-based engagement in National Faith & Blue Weekend with an assigned group of states and locales.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a strong work-ethic.
- Deep familiarity, experience, and passion for the full suite of social media platforms.
- Proven success social media management. Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Polished presenter, able to deliver strong presentations in-person and virtually
- Significant professional experience in media work.
- Creative orientation with penchant to produce engaging communication content
- Strong leadership bearing with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be a good writer.
- Self-starter and intentionally collaborative; able to work well within an emerging, growth-oriented, entrepreneurial team
- Goal oriented with a focus on quantitative and qualitative outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- MovementForward, Inc. is a work from the office environment
- Video, online broadcast, and graphic design experience strongly preferred.
- Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, branding, or related field is strongly preferred.
* SPECIAL NOTE:
PLEASE NOTE THAT A STRONG WORK-ETHIC IS REQUIRED AS WE ARE A PURPOSE-DRIVEN “MOVEMENT” THAT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS A MISSION AND PASSION, NOT MERELY A JOB.