Analytic Services, Inc. (ANSER) enhances national and homeland security by strengthening public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex issues through independent analysis and we deliver practical, useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. Because we were established for the purpose of public service and not for profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service.Position Overview
ANSER is hiring a Legislative Analyst
to work onsite at the Mark Center in Alexandria, VA in support of the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Chemical and Biological Defense (ODASD(CBD)) by providing technical review and analysis of all chemical and biological defense Congressional-related actions.Responsibilities
- Reviewing current Congressional language and budget marks and providing analysis and reports on items of relevance to the Chemical and Biological Defense Program (CBDP) mission area.
- Providing technical support in the development and coordination of ODASD(CBD) responses to Congressional requests for information.
- Researching and preparing ODASD(CBD) Congressional testimony and questions for the record.
- Developing and coordinating responses, reports, etc. for all ODASD(CBD) Congressional reporting requirements.
- Coordinating agendas, invitations, minutes, and action item tracking for the CBDP Congressional staffer days.
- Drafting CBDP overview briefings for client presentation to Congressional staff members.
- Assisting with Congressional, DoD Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and General Accountability Office (GAO) actions.
- Providing an annual report summarizing authorization and appropriation actions and trends after the fiscal year Congressional budget cycle is complete and a final appropriations bill is published.
- Supporting strategic communications, including speechwriting, for all Congressional engagements.
- Preparing and distributing a Congressional newsletter for the ODASD(CBD).
Desired Qualifications (NOT REQUIRED)
- Possess an active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., public policy, political science, etc.).
- 8+ years of related work experience.
- Prior experience as a legislative analyst.
- Prior experience preparing testimony and developing responses to Congressional reporting requirements.
- Possess an active Top Secret or TS/SCI security clearance.
- 2+ years of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD)-level experience.
- DoD and/or chem/bio defense programs strategic communications background related to Congressional engagements.
- Recent experience with the DoD Correspondence and Task Management System (CATMS) system.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please call 703-416-2000 or e-mail Recruiting@anser.org.
ANSER is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.