The Railway Engineering-Maintenance Suppliers Association (REMSA), a Washington, DC-based trade association representing railroad maintenance suppliers, is seeking a Meetings & Membership Manager to join its team.
The objective of this position is to support the association’s administrative operations and to be the lead on the association’s conference program events, meetings, and maintaining the association’s membership communications and database. The candidate will be responsible for developing conference programing and scheduling during the association’s annual event and growing the association’s programs offerings though collaboration with industry partners. Responsibilities also include membership communication, dues invoicing, and maintaining the membership database. Assisting with general administration tasks, such as retrieving mail, recording checks, creating content for monthly newsletter, and supporting the association’s various committees will also make up duties of this position.
The candidate will also represent REMSA in joint projects, conferences and other industry events. Candidate will be expected to travel on occasion for industry conferences, events and board meetings; roughly 8-10 business trips per year on average.
A successful candidate will be a team player, self-motivated, and have excellent attention to detail. An ability to quickly become familiar with the railroad industry is expected.
- Coordinate meetings and agendas in conjunction with annual event
- Reviewing hotel contracts, BEOs, managing room sets
- Assist in annual meeting planning
- Review contracts
- Coordinating with speakers, venues, other associated groups
- On-site support and execution
- Membership dues invoicing and recording
- Drafting and sending of monthly newsletter
- Quarterly reporting to Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Great attention to detail
- Previous experience in meeting planning or association environment
- Interest in rail transportation
- Full-time (40 hours/week minimum)
- $60-$70K commensurate with experience.
- Travel is required to various industry conferences throughout the year and quarterly board meetings (roughly 8-10 trips per year).
- Hybrid remote in Washington, DC (Navy Yard). Must be in the office at least one day per week.
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement plan with Safe Harbor contribution
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
REMSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.