About the AFSPAY
The American Foundation of School Pictures and Yearbooks (AFSPAY) is a small, 501c3 non-profit organization headquartered in Greensboro, NC. Just recently founded, our foundation is dedicated to providing school pictures and yearbooks to displaced students that would normally not have the means or opportunity to have this cherished memory of their childhood journey through their school years.
Our foundation will raise funds and seek business partners that will create a path for educators across the United States that have students in this type of circumstance an avenue for them to request scholarships for their students and or school to participating school picture or yearbook companies. With over 1.2 million students homeless and over 400 thousand in foster care and 6 million in poverty, there is an incredible opportunity to supply these students and families with school picture packages and yearbooks.
Summary of Role
The AFSPAY is seeking a part-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator who will develop, implement, monitor our marketing and communications activities. The vast majority of your time will be spent creating digital and print marketing materials, writing blog posts, posting to social media, running our email marketing campaigns, responding to grant opportunities and being an advocate and face for the organization at its infancy. This position will begin as in-person and could transition to a hybrid (2 days in-the-office, 1 day remote) pending satisfactory performance. Approximately 20 hours a week.
What you will be doing
- Developing an average of two marketing campaigns in digital or print media per month.
- Identifying interesting activities conducted by our trade association members, staff, or observers and writing two blog posts per month about those topics.
- Maintaining our presence on social media by posting twice per week to each channel.
- Building and maintaining a monthly newsletter.
- Developing and implementing our email marketing campaigns.
- Editing (mostly trimming) videos and posting the content to YouTube.
- Tracking and reporting on marketing performance data.
- Writing and distributing press releases.
- Building and implementing AFSPAY promotional material.
- Making outbound calls to Rotary Clubs and such organizations to schedule board members and others to speak about AFSPAY.
- Apply and respond to a minimum of one grant per month.
- Assist in planning our annual meeting.
- Other duties as required.
What you need to be successful
- A minimum of five years performing marketing and communications activities at a 501c3.
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Google Drive applications.
- Proficiency at Canva and or similar social media design platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience with email marketing tools, like MailChimp or Constant Contact.
- Experience with video editing software.
- Experience managing social media campaigns.
- Experience with website content management systems like WordPress and Drupal.
How you can stand out
- Demonstrated experience establishing marketing campaign performance.
- Demonstrated experience in building a social media campaign and sustained performance.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field preferred.
- Experience in the non-profit world is strongly preferred.
How we reward our employees
Part-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Flexible 3 days of 6 to 7-hour work-days (days can be decided by employee at interview or when hired)
- After six months, 3 days of either sick time or vacation days
- After six months, paid Holidays of Christmas, Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Labor day, Memorial Day, Independence Day
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a current resume and a cover letter detailing how your work experience relates to the job description posted. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/1/23