Since 1945, EBONY has celebrated and chronicled Black excellence and leadership worldwide. In January 2021, the iconic brand was relaunched under new ownership as EBONY Media Group, a diversified multi-platform media company. This is an exciting chapter for the beloved brand, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic candidates to join our close-knit, highly collaborative team. We’re calling all innovators and creators who want to be part of the legacy by helping shape EBONY’s future!
The Role: The Interactive Producer will report directly to the Digital Content Lead. We are looking for someone who understands what is needed to program a daily web site destination for a global Black audience.
This person should have a thorough understanding of content management systems, email newsletter distribution, search engine optimization and how the combination of these elements can combine to create successful strategies to drive impressions.
The ideal candidate for this role is a team player and seasoned digital professional that is passionate about Black content and eager to connect the Black diaspora through innovative content formats.Job Summary
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to):
The Interactive Producer will report directly to the Digital Content Lead and will be responsible for programming a daily web site destination for a global Black audience. This role requires a thorough understanding of content management systems, email newsletter distribution, and search engine optimization to create successful strategies that drive impressions. The ideal candidate is a team player and seasoned digital professional who is passionate about Black content and eager to connect the Black diaspora through innovative content formats.Responsibilities
- Manage, upload, and update content on Ebony.com, ensuring a user-friendly experience and adherence to brand guidelines and accessibility standards.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Leader to publish scheduled content to Ebony.com in sync with the daily content calendar.
- Collaborate with the Social Leader to translate social content into experiences on Ebony.com, where appropriate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, developers, and content creators, to ensure seamless integration of text, images, multimedia, and interactive elements.
- Monitor and analyze website performance, making recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Will work closely with the Audience Development Lead to monitor traffic to Ebony.com and report trends and insights to stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Proactively identify storytelling opportunities to engage the global Black diaspora through web content.
- Create new and original content experiences exclusive to Ebony.com, including text, video, audio, and photo experiences.
- Implement best practices regarding web content creation, such as SEO, ADA, WCAG, usability, and maintenance.
- Continuously analyze data on user behavior to inform site enhancements.
- Act as the gatekeeper and central resource for all things related to the Ebony.com website and structure.
- Provide thought leadership to internal stakeholders and serve as an expert in web content and audience engagement.
- Continually expand skillset to keep pace with current and emerging web technologies.
- Own the creation, scheduling, and design of the Ebony newsletter.
- Experience with digital content management systems.
- Experience with Klaviyo newsletter.
- Bachelor's degree in Web Design, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a web producer, developer, or designer.
- Strong knowledge of CMS platforms, such as Wordpress, Drupal, and others.
- Understanding of SEO best practices and web accessibility standards.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a keen eye for design.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.