Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist will help execute an internal communications plan that supports overall business objectives.
- Write, edit, and design communications, including email messages, PowerPoint presentations, internal social media posts, internal newsletter articles, and messages for digital displays.
- Manage internal social media tools (Yammer), email, and digital displays to promote projects and encourage feedback.
- Help develop a strategy for the internal website owned by the facilities, real estate, security, and procurement function, manage the process for working with subject matter experts, and updating content on an ongoing basis so it is relevant, up-to-date, and user friendly.
- Review existing communications channels for multiple client sites and devise creative/interactive ways to engage employees throughout the project.
- Collaborate with clients Communications Director and Manager in developing and executing communications activities.
- Work with client’s visual communications team to develop content and rolling calendar for digital display screens in all campus buildings, most of which are located in Greater Boston.
- Serve as the traffic coordinator and manage communication requests from within the real estate business unit.:
- Manage all activities for internal events related to the client’s Massachusetts projects, such as ribbon-cutting ceremonies and building openings. Event management would include all pre-event, event, and post-event activities such as logistics, speaking programs, invitations, collaborating with project leaders, event photography, and writing communications as coverage of the event to distribute through multiple internal channels.
- Align with Site Communications Director to contribute to central calendar and cadence for key communications or events related to projects.
- Host external partners, visitors, and work with facilities to manage site tours.
Experience, Skills, And Attributes
- Excellent writing skills - able to distill complex, technical, and lengthy topics into simple, compelling communications
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in teams and to partner and collaborate across functions
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions through knowledge of communication tools and techniques and channels
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and quality control
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Proactive nature with refined people/team management skills
- Maintain a big-picture perspective; able to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience
- Advocate for employees to ensure messaging is accessible and relevant, and factors in their perspective
- Poise and a high degree of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or related field
- Minimum of three years in communications or equivalent experience with excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Communications experience in a PR agency or healthcare organization (pharmaceutical, biotechnology) is preferred.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with colleagues across the organization and get up to speed on organizational structure, culture, programs, policies, etc.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and digital/website platforms.
- Eye for design with graphic design abilities a plus.
A minimum of three days onsite in Kendall square location is required with flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days.
Cresa is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Cresa strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
Share job posting