Why Work for Gary and Mary West PACE?
Because you desire work/life balance and have a passion to make a difference in the lives of North County seniors and their families!
You will receive generous pay and a benefits program focused on your health and wellness that includes 10 paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO, a 5% employer-match to our 403b retirement program.
Because we encourage professional development and support all staff to expand their skillset, providing an annual education allowance.
You will be part of a distinct company culture where work feels like family and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team environment where you are appreciated and valued.
Come do your best work where your contribution matters!
Philanthropists Gary and Mary West founded West Health with the mission of enabling seniors to successfully age in place with access to high-quality, affordable health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life, and independence. The Gary and Mary West PACE (Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly), affiliated with West Health (www.westhealth.org), is a new non-profit that delivers medical, social, and behavioral services to the frail elderly to the North County of San Diego. This PACE center will be entrepreneurial in nature and will focus on innovations and bringing new processes to the traditional PACE environment.
We're looking for passionate healthcare providers who want to be part of a team dedicated to enable seniors to live in their communities as independently as possible by providing compassionate, comprehensive health and supportive care.
One Team One Mission
Under supervision of the Medical Director, the PACE Physician provides assessment, planning, primary care, and continuous medical coverage to PACE participants in an interdisciplinary team environment and in accordance with Gary and Mary West PACE standards.
Under the supervision of the Recreational Therapist, the position will assist with implementation of a comprehensive, outcomes-based recreation therapy program tailored to the goals as outlined I the care plan process that meet the needs of the frail and elderly.
- Leads and/or assists in large groups, small groups, one-on-ones, and individual activities (exercise, arts and crafts,games, current events, sensory, etc.)
- Observe participants at events and during activities to gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback to improve events and group programs
- Promote and encourage participants to participate in group activities with others for socialization
- Assists in the organizing of special events
- Assist in developing facility newsletter and calendar of events
- Assists with preparing and cleaning up after activities
- Assists in the ordering of supplies for department as requested and mantains equipment in good condition.
- Attends weekly team meetings.
- Attends any other meetings regarding participant care as assigned by the Day Center Director.
- Adhere to and support the center's policies, practices, and procedures.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner, and perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Be flexible in schedule of hours worked
- May require use of personal vehicle.
Education And Certification
- High school diploma/GED required. Completion of a state approved activity training course is preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)/First Aide Certification required
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a long-term care facility or with a community-based geriatric program preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working in a social or recreational program, providing and coordinating services for a frail or elderly population.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (written and oral form) in a care setting with participants, families, staff.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously as part of an interdisciplinary team, the elderly, providers of services, and peers.
- Passion for caring for elderly.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful pre-employment drug screen, background check, and health screen. COVID-19 vaccination required. Must have a valid California Driver License and proof of auto insurance. COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Gary and Mary West PACE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, g
ender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws.