Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for technology skills training. Fullstack offers comprehensive training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. Our students' outcomes are the most important measures of our success and we're looking for a Career Success Coach for our Web Development Immersive, including Fullstack Academy, the Grace Hopper Program and our University partnerships, to deliver comprehensive coaching and programming services to our students and alumni.
About The Role
As a Career Success Coach at Fullstack Academy, you will prepare our students to face the technical recruiting process. You will lead workshops aimed at preparing them for the job hunt. You'll conduct coaching sessions and provide follow-up support to our alumni to ensure they're engaging in the behaviors they need to be successful while searching. You'll create content on various job-search topics tailored to the software engineering industry to help our students feel comfortable, confident and prepared to face the tech industry. Lectures and 1:1 coaching sessions with students and alumni will take place via zoom. You may also communicate with students via Slack, email, and phone. Candidates must have stable internet access.
This role is remote and reports to the Manager, Career Success, Web Development.
In this role, you will:
- Support a portfolio of students & alumni, ultimately owning their successful job placement
- Lead Career Success live sessions and guide students through asynchronous modules related to job search techniques, interviewing, negotiation, personal pitch, and more.
- Hold regular office hours to guide students through the job search process by providing individualized feedback on materials (resumes, LinkedIn, etc.), mock interviews, and other Career Success support
- Find innovative ways to engage and support our alums on the job search, including but not limited to group coaching, alumni events, etc.
- Track placement outcomes of every graduate meticulously, and meet key metrics related to students' professional outcomes within 6 months of graduation
- Maintain all necessary administrative tasks (coaching notes, outcomes survey completion follow-up, etc), including all reporting asks from team and organization leadership
- Stay on top of hiring trends and continuously develop our Career Success curriculum to ensure that students are equipped to land their dream jobs
- Take ownership of special projects as needed i.e. Career Success newsletter, Technical Mentorship Program, content updates
You're a great candidate if you have:
- 4-6 years of experience in a Recruiting, HR or Career Coaching/Counseling role
- A Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree preferred) in a related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- Knowledge of Recruiting/HR best practices in the tech industry
- Ability to operate autonomously and take ownership of tasks
- A track-record as a diligent, organized, self-starter who can adapt to change as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for mentoring others to succeed
- Infectious positive energy paired with remarkable empathy
- Ability to adapt to diverse student body with different backgrounds and experience
- Familiarity with GradLeaders, Hubspot, OnceHub, Google Sheets/Excel and other tools, comfortable with data
You're an exceptional candidate if you also have:
- Experience with the processes and nuances of the software engineering/web development industry and recruiting trends
- Worked at early-stage, fast-growing organizations
- Been involved in hiring graduates from top immersive education programs (coding bootcamps, data science bootcamps, etc.)
Equal Pay For Equal Work Act disclosure:
The expected compensation for this role for candidates is $44,000-68,000 per year, plus benefits, for candidates who fulfill the qualifications for the role. Candidates whose qualifications are above those listed are encouraged to apply as well. All final offers to candidates will be based on that candidate's unique experience and skillset, and not all candidates will qualify for the top of the salary range.