What's Cool About This Job
You will contribute to the co-op by setting the editorial strategy for existing—Expert Advice and Uncommon Path—and to-be-defined content marketing programs and leading an editorial team to deliver on the Brand and Content Marketing business plans. You will partner with the Brand and Content Marketing director and managers to support REI’s enterprise strategies, define content business success, iterate upon editorial strategies, and manage the engagement of teams. You will foster partnerships with internal and external creative teams to support new content production and existing content optimization. You will partner with SEO and digital product partners to define and drive a technology roadmap for content experiences on REI.com. You will work cross-divisionally to listen to partner objectives, advocate for Brand and Content Marketing objectives and find common interests to reduce barriers and deliver value in the best interest of the customer.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements
- Develop and manage Brand and Content Marketing editorial team of internal editors and external partner talent, including freelance writers, editors, photographers, and illustrators.
- Guide the vision for Expert Advice, the leading online outdoor education library, and Uncommon Path, both a digital magazine and email newsletter for REI Co-op Members
- Lead editorial standards, editorial decision frameworks and operations to ensure clear workflows and processes for Brand and Content Marketing teams
- Partner with SEO, Digital product teams and UX to improve user experience for editorial sites and integrate content in the digital customer journey
- Partner with channel and integration teams to drive Brand and Content Marketing GTM and seasonal campaign support
- Participate in executive conversations about the Brand and Content Marketing business strategy, supporting editorial strategies and content products.
- Build and iterate upon the analytical framework to ensure editors can make data-informed decisions and find venues to consistently communicate program performance.
- Collaborate with cross-div business and program owners to understand their business objectives and key messages and translate them into clear content strategies.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Journalism, English, Communications, etc.)
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in publishing, journalism or content marketing
- 5+ years demonstrated experience leading or participating in the development of a variety of content formats
- 3+ years of supervisory experience with a strong interest in developing talent
- Demonstrated knowledge of content strategy methods and execution.
- Ability to influence and inspire cross-functional groups.
- Must have ability to assess customer and audience needs through insights and analytics.
- Experience working with industry leading Content Management Systems and digital community platforms.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The pay for this role is: $111000 - $177500 per year .
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
$111000 - $177500 per year