**Must be able to go onsite once a week in South San Fran
**This is a 4-6 month contract role
**Ideally need pharma, life sciences, medical or science experience
A life sciences organization in South San Francisco is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join their team for a contract role!
Marketing Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Write and edit the Monthly Newsletter compilation of news about the Agency and agency-funded research
- Write compelling lay-level summaries for the agency blog showcasing agency-funded research and other advances in stem cell research.
- Provide project support for Communications projects as they arise, such as web site and social media
- Assist with the development of content for the agency website as well as help with content updates on Wordpress
- Support with the development of social media content
- Collaborate with other teams to produce high quality written and visual materials to support the agency's marketing and mission.
- Participate in the creative development of outreach materials
- Help with editing and proofreading communications materials
Marketing Communications Specialist Qualifications:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in life sciences or science communication is strongly preferred
- Strong writing background required as well as superb verbal communications skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with project management system such as Trello, Asana or Monday.com, experience with social media tools and Canva.
- Experience with Mailchimp and Wordpress.
- Proven content writing and social media experience
- A portfolio and or writing samples are required.