Assists the Manager of Marketing and Communications with all aspects of Chamber Communications and Marketing, including, but not limited to newsletters, invitations, press releases, social media, web updates, and photography. Assists the Manager of Business Programs and the Manager of Membership with committees and event projects in order to carry out the mission and goals of the Chamber of Commerce.
Essential Job Functions
Print: Handle preparation of each piece, collecting ads from advertisers, and some ad design. Gather information, design, edit, create layouts, and prepare graphics for publication. Compile and deliver to printer, after piece is proofed by the Manager of Marketing and Communications. Approve printer’s proof before piece is mailed to members. These large print pieces consist of the Annual Membership Directory and Buyer’s Guide, Connections magazine, Annual Report, and the Newcomers Guide (annual), Federal Legislative Action Plan and State Legislative Action Plan.
Insider Report: Gather information from Chamber staff, design, edit, and create layouts for the weekly
E-newsletter. Responsible for sending weekly publication to email lists via Constant Contact.
Deluxe and Regular Ribbon Cuttings: Photograph all ribbon cuttings and send photos to the Eagle weekly and use in social media efforts. Assist in any other way necessary in order for ribbon cuttings to run smoothly.
Assist Managers with coordination of all membership and special events promotions necessary. These include but are not limited to: Luncheons, Business After Hours events, and all major Chamber events.
Other Job Functions
- Update Chamber of Commerce website and web calendar to include all upcoming events, programs, and other Chamber activities.
- Design and edit all invitations, flyers, brochures, press releases, and other digital and print materials for the Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide coordination and oversight of the Chamber’s Social Media strategy.
- Work with Manager of Marketing and Communications to provide information to local media for publication of various Chamber of Commerce items, such as, but not limited to ribbon cuttings and large Chamber events.
- Work with the Special Projects Coordinator to prepare weekly radio/TV schedule and information to be distributed to staff at the beginning of the work week and station representatives per the scheduled visits.
- Assist in planning and implementation of any other projects as deemed necessary by Manager of Marketing and Communications.
- Attend Chamber events as required.
- Operate standard office equipment, such as telephones, personal computers, copy machine, and scanner.
- Performs other duties that may be defined by the President/CEO.
- Work with the Chamber’s Media Committee to improve and execute the community outreach media strategy.
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling, kneeling crouching, bending, twisting, climbing, hearing, seeing, and talking as related to performing standard office duties; strength demand: light.
Required Experience, Training, Knowledge & Skills:
This individual must possess effective time-management skills, work well independently without specific instruction or supervision, and be extremely detail oriented. Bachelor’s degree, valid Texas driver’s license, personal vehicle, and desktop publishing experience required. A communications and/or marketing degree is preferred. Must be an effective communicator, both written and verbal. Must have strong interpersonal skills – use tact and diplomacy with the public and maintain a professional appearance. Must have the ability to exercise good judgement and work within the procedures established by the Chamber of Commerce. Graphic design experience is preferred. A working knowledge of various types of software, including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook is required.