Hyperallergic is a leading online voice publishing contemporary perspectives on art, culture, and more. Founded in 2009 as a forum for playful, serious, and radical perspectives on art in society, Hyperallergic combines art world news coverage with insightful commentary to reach an influential audience of over 1 million readers a month.
Hyperallergic is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to join our growing team in Brooklyn, NY, with a focus on Social Media and Newsletters.
The Marketing Coordinator will
- Work closely with our marketing team to grow subscribers and promote our stories to various audiences
- Monitor & engage directly with our reader community on social platforms and by email
- Create social media and newsletter content that creatively presents and promotes our editorial content and vision
- Support our ad sales and advertising operations
- Set up and maintain campaigns and ad schedules, and act as a quality check on all creative sent by clients
- Analyze campaign analytics, create reports, and work with the sales team to optimize strategy
- Support the publishing team with other related projects and deliverables as needed
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills, a self-starter who can work independently, and experienced in marketing, project management, data analysis, and optimization techniques. Enthusiasm for visual arts and culture and familiarity with Hyperallergic
’s coverage areas are vital to this position.
This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits. You'll be joining a group of hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing important work, while striving to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
- Minimum 2-4+ years of digital marketing or social media marketing experience
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to develop and create engaging content (text, images, video)
- Deep understanding of online marketing channels and social networks
- Familiarity with SEO, Wordpress, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We regret that we are unable to consider applicants who require visa sponsorship at this time.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Public Holidays)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k with 3.5% match)
- Commuter Benefits
- Disability & Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary, & AD&D)
Salary range: $55,000–$65,000/year (Based on experience)